
I was blessed by being led to and owned by a special very very loving little girl. Oh..she didn't start out that way particularly. She was a high spirited kitten when she came to me and of course...she was a Tortie, like---duh! BUT as time flowed on, she mellowed and became a completely momma's girl, excepting my oldest boy Erich, whom she saw every week and loved. (and stole his bacons each Saturday morning...what a little ruffian she was!)
When I went over the Mountains to visit another son in NC, I would only leave her from 9 am Friday till 3 PM Sunday but to her..it was a lifetime and when I got home, she would greet me despite my having cruelly left her with her 2 times a day sitter! and I would lay on the floor right after turning off the alarm, and we would snuggle, kiss and I would get caught up on my share of long Tortie furs all over my snoot and in my clothes and hair. We'd love on one another for 10 minutes before I returned to the car for my bag and whatever else was in there.
The heart melting part came when we went to bed. I would be on my back, having picked up my book and here she came..a leap onto the bed from the wooden chest at the foot of our bed, and then, a stately walk up to my chest to look at me..just a detour to her usual nesting place of in my neck and shoulder. These times she would do that but shift to lying straight down my left arm, and gather my wrist in her two hands and hold it. Then, to enchant me forever, my baby laid her sweet head in the palm of my hand. Purring loudly, she would drift off to sleep...still holding my hand with hers, and her sweet head in my palm.
Of course I was paralyzed into place so as not to disturb her and that precious act of love.. my nose twitching, my back hurting, my legs just bustin' for me to turn over but there I laid until she herself was ready to move.
What a total lovebug she was. xoxoxoxoxo
62 comments:
Oh how special special! Holding your wrist with her paws and resting her head in it. Our hearts are melting just to picture it. You did have such a extraordinarily loving baby girl, Carole. Hugs and hugs from us.
Carole... What a beautiful tribute to Admiral. It's good to see you blog and to remember those precious moments.
We're sending you purrrrrrrrs... extra special ones.
pawhugs, Max, Bugsy, Knuckles and HH
Teh Admrial did luvs snuggling wiv you so vurry muches, theze preshush memries duz makes me heer her purrs again *softpaw*
We think that Torties, despite their reputation, are the most loving creatures of all...but they have to choose their own snuggle time.
Admiral loved you so much and we know you miss her very much. Big purrs to you from all of us.
Dear Carole, I loved this tribute to sweet Admiral. I could just picture it. So much personality. I hope writing about her like this helps ease the pain just a bit! Precious memories xox
those are the memories you have to hold on too.....
My heart is smiling with the love-filled memories, she loved you with all her heart too.
It's sad that none of us are here forever but thank God memories are! Hugs
I loved reading this so. The tribute was wonderful. She was such a special lady.
That's a beautiful tribute, Carole. She was a very, very special Companion.
What a sweet and wonderful post. Such a sweetie Admiral was and you have such loving memories of her. What a special girl! Thank you so much for sharing these special times that you had with your sweet girl. Love and lots of warm hugs to you sweet friend.
Mario's mom here - I've always said Admiral was the most loving kitty I've ever heard of. She was full of tender moments with you. I'm so happy you are sharing these precious memories with all of us.
Loving hugs and prayers to you Sis I know you are missing her so. XXXXOOOOOO
SIS
That story really touches my heart. A lot of people believe that cats are aloof creatures, but that's not so. They are very, very loving.
Indeed, Admiral owned you! Sweet tribute to a delightful kitty.
I look forward to more stories.
Wonderful tribute Carole.
Thank you so much for teklling us your memories! Hearing how much you loved each other has made our day! Thank you!
Kisses
Nellie
Beautiful. Love you Admiral
xoxox
I love the image of Miss Admiral parading up the bed to visit, tail held high, eyes bright with anticipation...thanks for sharing this memory!
I hope you are doing OK, sending big {{hugs}} and purrs from Trish & the Horde.
I remember these stories. Her stately walk right up to your face!
You must be going thru hell. My heart goes out to you. Ms. Stella said she wanted to look her best in her Christmas photos because she knew you would enjoy them so.
xoxo
That Woman
heart warming sharing. thanks. we try to do this to mama too.
Emma and Buster
Thank you for sharing your special memories of sweet Admiral. These moments will live in your heart forever. You both were truly blessed to have each other and we are glad you share some of that life with us! Hugs to you!
What a sweet memory of your sweet girl. I chuckled when I read the part she stole bacon from her brother :-)
The way she came to bed and laid her head in your palm just melts my heart.
I hope her sweet memory makes you smile and your heart will heal.
We smiled and in our minds could see Admiral walking up your body and taking control of your arm and hand - memories of her are yours for ever and ever. She has left you a wealth of happy memories, we know they will make you teary at first but later you will smile and say "that's my girl". What a wonderful legacy of memories you will have.
Luv Hannah, Lucy & Mum Sue xx xx xx
You are making my human a little bit envious because none of us are like that with her! What a lovely memory to have - purrs to you today.
Such a beautiful tribute for your little girl. Such joy you gave each other.
xoxoxo
I too recall this and I welcome the sweet reminder of your very loving little girl. Kassey will come up to my face and check on me, but she goes to the end of the bed to sleep. If we had the long relationship that you and the sweet Admiral had, she might be more trusting. I miss her as well.
It's lovely to have such sweet memories of a very sweet girl. I love the picture of her here.
I have been out of town and just learned about the Admiral's passing. My heart goes out to you. The Admiral was a special girl. I (and my furbabies) will miss her terribly.
(((HUGS)))
Malinda, meowmie of Clarissa and her furblings
Those are such lovely memories. Admiral was truly precious and had so much love to give and was showered with even more love. Thank you for sharing such fond memories of beautiful Admiral with us.
Carole
I fully relate because Abby does the same thing to me each evening. She sleeps on top of me under my chin. I am especially taken when she will give me kitty kisses which aren't doled out too often, so I know the ache in your arms and heart in the loss of your sweet tortie girl.
sending you soft whisker kisses from all the kitties...
xoxoxox
Yes, We know that locked in position feeling....lol
What a Beautiful picture with those brilliant green eyes such a Beautiful Baby :) She loves you very much as you love her :) What a Beautiful memory ~
*Warm Hugs* Angel xoxoxo
Oh Carole big hugs to you - Admiral was such a special sweet girl and she has left you with some beautiful memories xoxo
Loved reading this. Thank you for sharing. You two had a special relationsship. xxx Lotta
The Human is very touched by this sweet story of the Admiral's love for her Mommy.
However, I must say she is looking askance at me now, implying that I just don't measure up in the affection department. To which *I* say, Oh well. I'm smart, handsome and floofy. That'll have to do!
What a precious memory! How generous Admiral was to fill your heart full of beautiful memories of her.
Love this sweet memory of Admiral. I can just picture her. My tortie Chica was my first cat and only tortie and she an I have a very special bond too. We have our rituals and little things we do just us two. Sending lots of hugs to you right now. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Cats of wildcat woods
Carole, thank you so much for sharing your moments, even if it makes Julie's eyes all leaky. What extraordinary love and affection there was between you! We're sending hugs as you remain in our thoughts so much these days. Your grief reminds her that hers has not been completely put to rest yet. Prayers and knowing the spirit remains close does help.
Tom & mom Julie
What a wonderful memory :)
We tend to form special relationships with our kitties.
After many years the bond gets stronger. The memories also multiply.Memories are great, but there are many times I wish I could hug Mickey again.That is a natural feeling.I take comfort knowing he had a happy life and
you must feel the same.
Admiral was a lovely kitty and I know you will find comfort in those memories once the huts lets up a bit. Thank you for sharing
your memories :)
Hugs,mom Nancy
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Tiger,Treasure and JJ
TW would LOVE a cat like that. It ain't me. Nicky used to press himself against her leg at night and when she woke up, her leg would stay asleep. You have wonderful memories of your baby. They'll live on forever.
She was a sweetheart, wasn't she?? We hope memories like these help turn your tears to smiles.
oxoxox
Oh, how sweet. We know you really miss that time with her. So glad you have those special moments to remember.
Big hugs to you, a lovely post.
so beautiful! Thank you for sharing these cherished memories with us (((((hugs)))))))
That was a very snuggly memory of Admiral with all of the love there to see. When we torties love we open up and share this special bond with our humans. Keeping a light for you in this time of lost.
Purrs,
Willow
I hope it is OK that we gave The Admiral a parting awardie. We thought we commented about it here then, but it seems we messed it upup.
So here it is again/first time.
http://marksmews.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-awardie.html
You dear dear furiends..how grateful I am for you.
You convey the sheer loveliness of your sweet girl so well!
Purrs,
The Chans
Oh, Mom Carole, your Kitty(ies?)-Yet-to-Come will so enjoy the wonderful gift from Boomie! My goodness, the Admiral did have quite the stable of Gentlemen Admirers, did she not...hmmm, there's Hubby, and ME, and Rutabaga and Boomie -- and I'm sure a cast of thousands lined up behind us ;-)
You know, that stuff packs a real wallop. I'm feeling just a tad hung over this morning, MOL! And I keep jumping up on the table and sniffing and sniffing the spot near where that wonderful stuff was. Do you think I'm developign a "problem"???
May the memories of precious Admiral live on in your heart xo
What a lovely tribute. She was such a beautiful girl, and her memory will live on forever and ever! <3
Carole san, thank you for your message. I have not heard from Michiko san....she may be too busy as it's holiday season, but I'm concerned, too. I will go to her page and leave a message. I hope she is doing ok.
Such a wonderful tribute to your beautiful Admiral. Mom Paula kept posting "memory posts" of Sweet Praline for a month after she left for the Bridge to help her in the grieving process. Please know we're here if you need us. Mom Paula says to feel free to email her at pag4usc@sc.rr.com
Truffle and Brulee
Admiral was such a darling. It must be awful to have that empty space in your bed even with the knowledge that she had a terrific, wonderful life with you. We're purring for you, who are left behind.
What a very special relationship you had with your very special girl. What a precious tribute to her. You have a beautiful way with words. You are in our thoughts.
This is such a wonderful post for a lovely kitty! I can hear her purrs through your words. You should feel so good to know you offered her a wonderful, soft place to land - I know how much she brought to you. Purrrss to you, xoxoxo
Her light lives on.
we are thinking of you.
xoxoox
That is such a great tribute to the Admiral. She was such a super cat. We loved that she hugged your hand. Also glad to see you talking about her. She would want you to remember her with all those super memories. Thanks for telling us all about her. Hope you have some good holidays
A beautiful tribute...the Admiral was a very special kitty and you a very special Mom.
Des very gud memories. Fanks fur sharing them wif us. You were so lucky to has each other.
We loves you!
Hi Mom Carole, Well, you know, the Admiral would have gaze soulfully into my eyes in desperate entreaty -- and I would've handed that Nanner right over. I think she knew how to get what she wanted, n'est-ce pas?
I mean, what defense did a poor, ManCat have?
Just wanted you too know I was thinking about you today.
Hope you have a good day.
Mom Carole, I am so happy that you have these beautiful memories of sweet Admiral. What a special girl she was to love and be loved so very much.
Hugs and purrs!
Post a Comment