Repost from Brian's Blog The Change
You all know I don’t usually like repeating myself, but this is so darn urgent and sad that it is totally worth repeating, and I will repeat it often until we’re able to help these two precious souls.
I’m speaking of course of Lil Em and Sapphire. You can see the original post HERE, although I am going to repeat it below.
Here is the original text for those of you that missed it:
We are Lil Em and Sapphire and we were adopted from a rescue group in South Carolina four years ago. Our owner says she wants to make a lifestyle change and that does not include having kitties anymore. Guess we were really not REAL members of this family. *Stacy's edit-makes you sick doesn't it? It's sad to me that many humans have animals as mere accessories so when the decor changes it's 'out with the old' as if the beloved sentient beings are no more than accent pillows!*
Our foster had a vet check us out when the rescue received us back and it was ascertained little Sapphire has an enlarged kidney! What does that mean? No one seems to know. She has no outward signs of any problem and uses the litter box and eats and drinks like a normal kitty. Me, Lil Em checked out fine. The vet told us to put Sapphire down, however I am so attached to my sister. You see, we’ve been together since the womb.
We know it is nearly impossible to find us a home, given the fact that one of us may be sick. But we are counting on Brian to do his magic and find just one loving individual out there in the blogosphere who would be willing to put their heart and love out there to keep me and Sapphire together. I’m afraid our only other option is to put Sapphire to sleep if we are not adopted together given her potential diagnosis.
We are currently loving in a garage in South Carolina where the heat index is very hot, with fans blowing. We have no other place to go. We have been with other kitties with no problem whatsoever and even a large chocolate lab who we thought was kinda neat.
Please, will you be that person to open your heart and home to keep me and Sapphire together and help us not to have to make that awful decision for Sapphire??? Please help us get our prayer answered.
If you can help, please let Brian know at brianfrum (at) gmail (dot) com.
Please tell everyone you know and you have permission to copy and paste and cross post
21 comments:
I was tweeting this and facebooking it like crazy! xoxo
I wish I could help these two. We are purraying for them!
Oh this made our mommy leaky! We wish we could adopt these two sweeties but we'll be purring for them to find a loving REAL furever home!
Dearest Admiral Hestorb
Me wishes and purrays that these 2 lovelies find a new home quick!
Thanks for reposting
Nelli
That you sweetie Admiral for sharing them!
We are purring that they find a home soon!!
We remember these two kitties...and Lifestyle Change??? We hope she catches some STD! I know, that's rude, but we really hope someone out there has a spot in their life for these two kitties, who need to live out their golden years being adored...
Purring for these two sweeties to get the right connections to find a home together. Wish there could be more that could be done.
I posted about these kitties twice on my Facebook page - I wish there was something I could do personally (or rather CATsonally) to help them!
I agree with the comment about how sickening it is that people just have pets as an accessories! They are sentient beings. We adopt them to become part of our family. Will tweet.
Hi Admiral,
I hope they fined new home soon.
xoxoxo
Isn't this just the saddest thing. Thanks for posting too Admiral. I'm doing tweets also. We'll all get the word out.
We so hope something works out for these sweet sisters. Good of you to repost this.
We are purraying for these two kitties to get a new home.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx
Those poor babies, we hope they get a loving home soon!
How is your mum doing Admiral? Please give us an update on her injuries...my boys are purring for her speedy recovery!
My mama posted this on her facebook page. Don't fit in wif your lifestyle, huh, lady! You make me sick. Thanks for reposting this, sweet Admiral.
We are purring and praying for Lil Em and Sapphire. And we will post them to Facebook, too!
Hugs!
We tweeted and Facebooked but still nothing :-( this is bad.
We continue to purr for these sweet kitties.
And speaking of sweet kitties....Kissies and nosetaps, Admiral. See you tomorrow!
XO, Spitty
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ I only wish that I could snatch these two up. Sad that I cannot. I truly hope that someone will... they look like they could bring quite the blessing to one's home.
We're purring for a forever home for these two sweeties.
The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie
Post a Comment