Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Musings


Good Morning Kitties!

This is me..a perfect catloaf! I am hoping and hoping that my new med will take hold. We will see as this goes on. When I started my steroid medicine I had also had an appetite pill the same day. Now the pill has about worn off so mom and I are waiting to see if I will continue eating in a normal way. Yesterday was fun for mom to see, and it was not a normal day of meals. I had 2 breakfasts, a lunch and 2 suppers. Plus al the crunchies I wanted. Mom loves seeing it but knows that the pill had something to do with it. Now..we will wait and be guardedly optimistic about the steroid medication helping me to eat.

I didn't want to say so before I will tell you now kitties...I had lost a few ounces over two pounds in just 6 weeks back in late December and mid January. But I have not lost any more in the past several months thanks to that pill. I used to be 10.3 gorgeous shapely pounds and I plummeted to 7.7 in January. But I have been holding my own and hope to continue to do so. My floof keeps people from seeing the loss but petting me was sad because my Admiral bones were jutting and mommy felt my ribs, chest and hipbones. Mom said I could tell you now because we are hoping those days are over.

Today is beautiful and I have business with sunbeams, the food dish and--- I am in a wonderful mood, kitties. I have been happy!! I feel better.
♥♡♥

PEE ESS Would you like to visit two beautiful kitties from Jerusalem? I have known these kitties for about five years. They would love to meet some new furriends.

http://j-cats.blogspot.com

41 comments:

Pandafur said...

dear Admiral I iz horrified at your wate loss, thanks gooness for da floofs. I iz crossing all mah paws for you to keep eating yer noms, remember they iz yummy. *purrrr*

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We were so happy to read your upbeat post, Admiral! We are crossing our paws that you will continue to eat, and put those pounds back on.

Purrs,
The Chans

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hope those foodless days are over for you too sweet Admiral. Now then, don't just sit there and look pretty, go have a bite!

Clarissa said...

Wow, Admiral! That was a lot of noms for you yesterday! We hope that will continue to be a trend for you. And we know how scary that weight loss is for a kitty. Our Fiona lost a least 1.5 when she got so sick.

We are hoping you continue to eat!!!

Purrs,
Capt. Puff "Puffypants" McPufferson & Crew

Beth said...

Good Morning sweet Admiral. I am so glad that you are eating now. I am hoping along with your mom that you will continue to do so.

xoxox

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Yay glorious Admiral, we are so happy you are feeling better......we will continue to purray that you keep eating and feeling better.....we love you so very much.

Kea said...

We certainly hope you keep eating well, Admiral, and that you regain your weight. Continued purrs and universal Light!

-Fuzzy Tales

GreatGranny said...

Sweet Admiral,you are a lovely cat loaf and we are still purraying that you continue eating and will put your weight back on.
xoxo Kassey

The Monkeys said...

You're a gorgeous little loaf, Admiral! We're purring that your new medication works and you continue to eat heartily!

san said...

It is good to read such a happy post Admiral. You are looking well and we hope you contnue to eat better.

amigos and san

Cathy Keisha said...

What a gorgeous picture of you! Were you trying to be a super model by starving yourself? I was going to a you if you wanted to be on the #Nipclub softball team but you're on steriods! Bon Appetite!

Mariodacat said...

Oh sweet girl - I am puraying so hard that you will eat on your own now dat the pill has worn off or is almost worn off. he he - never mind @CathyKeisha, I'll bet she would still let you be on the softball team if you can only eat and get some strength. he he HUGS & SMOOCHES

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are delighted that you are eating like it is going out of fashion - nomming everything in sight. We hope your mom will soon feel a bit more flesh on your bones.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Miss Admiral
We are sorry that we have not commented but we have been without our internet connection straight now for several days before that it was intermittent.
We are so glad to hear that you had such a good appetite and we do hope that it continues so you can floof up to your 10 LBs. We think no matter what your weight you are a truly gorgeous special girl. But we will continue to purr for the medicines to work.

purrin
xoxox
Abby

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Admiral! We are purring and praying for that new medicine to work so you keep eating! We are sorry you lost so much weight. We remember when Floyd first got sick he lost a lot of weight and it was scarry. But he got his appetite back with medicine and stuck around a lot longer, so we have very high hopes for your meds, because you are doing good with eating so far. So just keep that eating up, ok!!

And oh we will be sure to go meet your friends and hopefully they can become our friends too!!

Angel Simba said...

That is quite some weight loss for a petite girl like you, Admiral. I am purring that you will continue to eat now and slowly build yourself back up again.

Cat said...

I just love the term catloaf, I had not heard it before but it perfectly describes when cats sit like that!!! I have my fingers crossed Admiral that you will continue eating :-)

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

What gorgeous hunk of catloaf your are too. I pray along with you that you will be eating normally from now on.

Random Felines said...

That is some beautiful catloaf!!

We are purring the meds help. Mom knows what you mean - Maestro lost some serious weight and while he has not lost more, he is a bit bony and it makes her sad.

Katnip Lounge said...

We loves us a tasty CatLoaf, oh yes we do!

Mommy says that our KonaKitty lost so much weight that she was all bony too, and it was pretty scarey. Fortunately she is eating again on her own. We are purring triple time that you want seven meals a day, plus appetizers! Rupert says he'll peel your grapes.

Gigi said...

Grapes??? As if! **I** will bring you a pork chop and some bacons and some Gerber's to dip it all in.

You look soooooo beautiful today! My Human worries about me occasionally but I've just always been a skinny boy. I do like a little pudge on my lady friends though, so feel free to chow down! Gentle nosetaps, my sweet!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I am glad you haven't lost any more weight, Admiral, and that it has been holding steady! Now you just have to start putting it back on!

BeadedTail said...

We're glad you haven't lost more weight Admiral and we sure hope you stay steady or even gain a little more. We bet your mommy was very worried but hopefully all that is in the past and it's just healthy times from here on out!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I am so glad that you are eating and gaining weight and I hope it keeps up when you stop the pills. Mum says she knows just how your mum feels because I also am all bones at the moment.. Hugs GJ x

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dear Missie Hestorbiepuffyflower, we never would have known you lost weight if you had not told us.
You always look pretty.
Miles eats like a freight train, I am very picky and mom has to make me eat :-P oh well.
Stay healthy and bonks!

Mr Puddy said...

Nothing is good like hear you are eating, Admiral
Keep it up, Baby ! You are doing good .
Purrs are still continue for you, and I hope you are get better everyday, my dear Admiral
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet Admiral we are glad to hear that you are eating, the medicine is working for you and we are praying you keep getting better and better until very soon you are all well again. Hugs and nose kisses

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Dear Admiral, we are purring that your appetite stays up!

Daniela said...

Mommy wanted to cry Admiral. Please don't make your ribs show no more. My mommy is so worried that your mommy is sad. I'm glad that you're doing better..keep up the good work, cuz i love you..and mommy does too.

xoxo
Homer

neora chana said...

The Princess orders you to eat well and gain that weight back! You are a perfect catloaf and this pose clearly shows you are a member of the Toetucker clan....in case you are interested in doing some geneology...

Tamago said...

Oh dear Admiral san...I had no idea that you lost so much weight. It must have been so heartbreaking for your mom to feel your ribs. Please...no more weight loss...and I hope you continue to eat well.
I love the word "catloaf" :-) I often refer big kitties to loaf of bread. You are gorgeous catloaf, Admiral san! Have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

You are so thoughtful to ask about my son. He is scheduled for another MRI on the 2nd of May. We won't know anything more until after then. They are hoping to be able to tell exactly what it is after this MRI. The doctor said it looks like either a cyst or tumor. Thank you again for being so sweet and thoughtful. Hugs for you and tummy rubs and nose kisses for sweet Admiral.

Mickey's Musings said...

Admiral, that is a beautiful picture!!!!!!!!
We purr that you keep your appetite too :)
At least you are holding your own and we purr it stays that way :)
Purrs Tillie and Georgia

The Island Cats said...

Admiral, we hope your new medicine kicks in and you will eat like a champ!! You are looking very pretty today!!

Ellen Whyte said...

Admiral how awful! You should have told us. Please eat several BIG meals today.

meowmeowmans said...

Sweet Admiral, we are purring and praying that your appetite stays good! We are so happy you are feeling well, and that you are enjoying your day. :)

We would LOVE to meet some cats from Jerusalem! I was just there 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I saw lots of beautiful kitties! I will go visit your friends now!

Quill and Greyson said...

Now stay better!!

Michiko Johnson said...

Loved your photos though it almost back to normal
looking Admiral, I knew you have has lost your weight in past month...
Hope new medicine work for you this time and mum can go to visit other son's.
Big Hugs,
xoxoxoxo

Jans Funny Farm said...

It's really scary when a furry loses weight and gets bony. We're glad Admiral is doing better and hope it continues!!!!!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I am hoping those days are gone too...purring and praying! Yes I will go and visit your friends! xoxo

Catsparella said...

It's such a relief that you're happy and feeling better!! So many kitties have been sick lately..it makes me sad, but hearing news like this makes me rejoice! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...