
I was whisked off to the dreaded v-e-t yesterday. Mom nor I knew I was going there. But when the opportunity came, we went.
She was out delivering some food on behalf of the church to a church member's family whose grandmother had died. As she turned the car around it occurred to her to go buy a soft PTU for me. One that did not clank and make noise as she was taking it out of the closet. One that did not announce in loud PTU tones "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! V-E-T TIME".
So $65.00 later she got one, brought it home and I was just enchanted with it. I scratched my cheeks on the edges, I pranced around it. We played, me and mom..and then, she put me in it. I leapt right out BUT I never knew she wasn't playing. So I came back, she put me in it again and off we went with me betrayed and singing loud and proud all the way.
Mom needed to consult with my Dr. and get meds because two days ago, he told her a terrible diagnosis. But when we got there, he took away the most worst of the diagnosis, and stood with the other diagnosis as the problem. It is over a 90% certainty that I have only idiopathic hypercalcimia. (too much blood calcium in my tests for 4 months). We are thanking goodness that I don't have the other problem with it. The idiopathic hypercalcimia is treatable and if I would only take my daily medicine, I should do pretty well. However I haven't so far. Of course I know mom will keep trying. It's liquid and to go in the food.
So we were scared but now were concerned. That's a big step down, thank heaven.
Your love, purrs, support and care mean the world. We believe in the power of caring purrs and love and prayers. We have seen it work. XOXOXOXOX, always.
67 comments:
Admiral Jia-Jia,
Wolfie loves you loads.
Please take the meds, be better soon so we can go travel in your ship together....
You will bring Wolfie along, right?
Love, Wolfie
Admiral, sweetie, I am purring for you to take your medicine and for it to just be the idiopathic hypercalcemia. Mom did a little googling and it seems not uncommon in older cats. Your Mom got you a nice new carrier, but I understand why even that was not a lot of fun to go in.
Keep up the good eating, girl: then you won't have to go back for appetite pills any time soon.
We are really glad your diagnosis has improved, Admiral! Thank God it is treatable ... please try to take your medicine, okay? Your mommy loves you so much, and so do , we all want you around and healthy for a long, long time.
BTW, your new soft-sided carrier sounds very nice. We're guessing that you won't be quite as willing to play in it after mommy fooled you, though. ;)
We are purring and praying for you, sweet friend!
Admiral, we're deeply relieved that the diagnosis is not the other dire one! You'll just have to take your meds, sweetie, or you'll force your mom to sit on you and syringe the stuff down your throat. Trust our mom when she says it's not fun for either kitty or human.
Is this med something to which a "tasty" flavour can be added, if it's not already?
Sending you lots of purrs and kitty kisses and big hugs to your mom!
-Fuzzy Tales
We will definitely be ramping up the purrs for you, sweet Admiral! We hope you'll be able to take your medication daily and fix this!
Dear Admiral Iz so happy to hear you iz gonna haz pills to halp you be betters. We all likes to be inside owr PTUs if they iz open and we HATES em when they iz closed! Her leeves em in a closet an when her izn't lookin we iz snoozin in there, maybe you will too!
Dear Admiral, I am so happy the really bad diagnosis isn't the problem, and meds can help with the other. Mom, though concerned, must be relieved. You take your meds like a good girl and both you and mom can have loads of play time together.
Please take care of yourself my dear Admiral! I want you to feel well enough to go for an adventure with me on my airship once the weather stays warm! Me and my crew will continue to purr for you!
Yours sincerely,
Capt. Puff "Puffypants" McPufferson
Dear sweet Admiral,
Good morning to you! I am so thankful for the diagnosis your mom got. Please be good and take your meds for mom.
xoxo
Ma petite chou! Ughs, you haz to haz the medicines! My poor sweet one! But if you let your Mama give it to you, I will be right behind her and groom that little furry frown right off your sweet face. I'll bathe your curvy little ears, and let you use my arm fluff as a pillow. We can has purrs together.
Believe me, you won't even remember medicine!
So glad the diagnosis was better than you thought. We think our mom should get a soft PTU too - bet we would like it! Sending love and purrs.
Cats of Wildcat Woods
Once again, proof that purrayers do help!!!! We are so happy that it is the lesser of the evils it could have been......please, please, PLEASE take your medicine, darlin' girl.
xxxxxxxxx
We know medicines can be yucky, but it is very impawtent that you take yours. We're purring loud and hard for you.
The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie
Hallelujah and Praise Bast! Great news for a Friday.
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxxo
Ms. Stella O'Houligan
I'm purring for you Admiral to take the meds. You has a good cat mom and I'm sure she's already tried mixing it with your favorite foods. I'm so hpapy they removed dat other very bad diagnosis. purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr
Hi Admiral! We are so sorry about the bad news but we are glad it isn't as bad as you all first thought! We made mom sneak us over to visit you today to tell you that even though we aren't getting much visiting in we are always thinking and purring and praying for you to be better. Mom said to tell your mom that if you won't take your medicine she should see if they can compound it into an ear gel - that is what our mom has to do with Kirzon's medicines because he won't take them. It works really well if it can be done.
Miss Admiral! We are heaving a GIANT sigh of relief!! Rupert says he'll put on his Doctor suit to administer your medicine, if that will help...and if not, he just wants to play Doctor.
The old goat.
It's wonderful that you didn't get the bad diagnosis,sweet Admiral. We will keep purraying for you.
My Mom bought me a soft carrier when she got me at the shelter and it's better and not so heavy, Mom said. Please take your medicine, sweet one.
xoxo Kassey
Oh Admiral, we are so happy to read the 'ramping down' of the worries, that's fur sure! You be good about taking your meds so with your next tests, your mom can smile with happiness, ok!
IHC is common is older cats and can be related to kidney function and even diet. Here's some links to info, so readers can learn more about it, if they want.
http://felineihc.org/
http://www.cat-world.com.au/hypercalcemia-in-cats
I'm so glad that your diagnosis has improved. Unfortunately, my news from the vet wasn't good.
I find feeding my cats liquid medicine is much easier than trying to get them to consume something solid.
Sounds serious, but you are going to have to be a good girl and take your meds!! Glad it wasn't terrible news and at least now you know something.
Dear Admiral Hstorb,
Yous has the same thing as hissy old Licorice! Hyperthyroid and now Idiopathic Hypercalcimia! Mommy found a site that helped her understand what she needed to do with Licorice and managing IHC. Here is the link.
www.felineihc.org
Me is glad yous feels better and concats on the new carrier. Me likes my soft side too.
Kisses Your Friend - Nellie
Miss Admiral, we don't know anything about that disease/illness, but we're glad it's not as bad as it first seemed. Taking meds every cannot be any fun, but we know through others that you'll eventually get used to it and probably even start reminding your mom to give it to you! Our mom's grandma had a cat who had epilepsy. When she took her pill, she got HAM! She loved pill time :)
We love you!!!
Love, Fuzzy and ZOE
This is Star's mom. He said he'd be right over to give Admiral purrs & grooming!! I've had to give liquid medicine to my babies before that they didn't like. My trick was to buy a baby medication syringe that had a long soft plastic tube on the end. That way I could put it further down their mouths and make sure they couldn't spit it back out. And of course there would be treats open and waiting for when they were done!
Best of luck! We're all so glad it wasn't the worst diagnosis & we'll keep on purring & prayer for our favorite Admiral!!
Admiral, you got tricked! We are glad, though, that your condition has improved. We will continue to send you lots of purrSSSSS!
Sounds like a venereal sickness to me. Glad it didn't start with a dreaded C. Now man, I mean woman up and take your meds. HAH! Can't believe I just said that. Healing purrz
I'm so relieved to hear that your condition is treatable, Admiral. Please, oh please take your medicines!! I am purring so hard for you, my sweet friend!
Oh Admiral!! Thank goodness this is treatable! We know that taking medicine is nasty, but please take yours! We want you around for a long time! We will be purring for you!
Oh my, oh my, oh my sweet Admiral! I can't tell you how happy that news makes me. Treatable is such a wonderful word and you are a wonderful gal!
I am SO relieved to hear that the prognosis is not as serious as it might have been! Now if only you would take your meds, Admiral! I am good with mine.
Oh Admiral, I'm so glad to hear the diagnosis wasn't as bad as originally thought. Be a good kitty angel and take your meds. We all want you to be around a very long time, you gorgeous girl.
Liquid medicine is better than pills in my opinion. So are soft PTUs. Mommy has been checking them out for us as well!
Hope your medicine helps you!
Please take the medicine sweet one and it will help you get well.. Hugs GJ xx
We are fine here Admiral. I was having to take medicine for having my teeth pulled. But I am done with that and I am doing better. Meowm isn't giving me dry crunchies yet because I had 3 teeth pulled and two of them were on the bottom. And when she took me back to the v-e-t last Saturday my stitches were still in those spots. She is going to put less and less water in to soften my crunchy food and work me back up to eating it dry.~~Junior
WHEWWW!!! We are most relieved that it'z Not the Serious diagnosis..... Admiral Sweetie you wurry us,,,, Please take your medz like a good girl ^..^
Now about your New Soft PTU,,, da mom waz laughing when your mom tricked you, Not Nice we told her! But soundz like somethin she'd do!! But at least you haz a Soft ride ^..^
Purrz & Kisses ~ xoxoxoxoxoxo
It is very VERY important to take medicine when one is not well, so please don't worry your Mom anymore than she already is and swallow it up!
Purrs,
The Chans
Dear Admiral
We are immensely relieved to know that this diagnosis is treatable and we are sure once you get your normal routine down taking your meds will not be a problem. We want you to feel great all the time!
We are so happy we are doing our kitty dance!
*woot*
purrin
xoxox
Hi there Admiral. We are so thrilled to hear that whatever you have is treatable. I am sure lots of people have suggested things to put the medicine in to make it tasty, like Tuna. There are all kinds of things like even some human chicken. Anyway, Admiral you have to take that medicine so you feel better.
The soft PTU sounds fantastic. What a lucky kitty you are. Take care.
Oh Admiral, we are delighted that your news is good.
Taking medicine is never fun, but we hope you will consider taking the liquid. We want you to be well
so you will feel well :) You are such a pretty girl!!
Purrs Tillie & Georgia
Admiral, we're relieved to hear the diagnosis is something treatable and we're purring really hard for you to take your medicine and get better soon! We know your mommy loves you very, very much and is taking excellent care of you. Hugs and purrs to both of you!
Awwwww me and Charlie have come over from the CB! We are sending your lots of purrs and hugs. We hope and know you will beat this disease!!! Hugs, hugs, hugs! Take care
x
I was so relieved hear that is a wonderful news.
Please you must take your medicine Admiral.
Have a nice weekend with your mum though maybe
your human brother would be with you too:-)
xoxoxo
sweet kitty I don't understand what that is, I am sorry! I am not familiar with the vet terminology I am just glad that hopefully this is treatable and you will feel like yourself soon! Please take your meds pretty girl!
Also...suggestion to your Mom...I ALWAYS leave the PTU out....all the time! Cody often goes in and out of it on his own. If you leave it out with the door open as a normal everyday occurrence they don't associate it with the vet anymore xoxoxo
Admiral, we are so relieved that your diagnosis is not so bad. We hope you will take your medicine so that you can get better. We send you big purrs!!
Admiral, we're all crossing our paws for you here - you be good and eat, ok?
We're glad the worst diagnosis has been changed and what the Admiral has is treatable. Purrs and tail wags.
You've got a mean, sneaky mummy. Who would have thought of that PTU trick??? Did you get treats after?
We're glad your problem can be fixed. You're a lucky girl.
You need to take your meds!! Purrrrrrrrrr
Nite-nite, Admiral! Sweet dreams!
We haven't been around lately because SS has been busy. We only just saw in the CB that you were unwell and came over to leave my healing purrs. Looks like you are better and we hope that there is no further bad diagnosis.
SS is considering a soft carrier as well since the traditional hard one is clumsy and I really dread it.
Oh Admiral! What a rollercoaster ride for you and your Mum! We are so glad that the diagnosis is for the treatable IHC. Now would be a very good time for you to start taking your medicines without a fuss. I know it's horrid being pilled, but sometimes a cat just has to do it. We send you and your Mom love and rumbly purrs
Whicky Wuudler
We are still purring for you Admiral that you will take your medicine :-)
We hope you will start and take your medicine nicely and stop upsetting your mom cos she's trying hard to help you feel good.
Purrs and kisses Hannah and Lucy xx xx
Please take your medicine Admiral so you can get better and mom can quit worrying about you!!
(((((((HUGGGGSSSS))))))) from your TX furiends,
YAY gorgeous girl, we are so relieved you can be treated with meds and be ok=this is truly happy news and we are dancing around the computer in celebration for our dear, precious friend...Happy weekend, sweetie...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki
Hi Admiral. We haven't visited you before but came with our healing purrs for you. We are glad the diagnosis was not the very bad one. Try and be good and take your medication, it really will help you.
We're sorry you had such a big scare, and we're purring hard that your problem is treatable and that you will live for a long, long time to come.
Dante sends hugs.
xxx-ooo from Zelda and Isabella. I'm so happy for you admiral! Now all you need do is take your medication.
You are in our purrs and prayers, dear Admiral. We thank God you have been found to have the less ominous diagnosis. We pray that you learn to take the medication that will keep you well. Our love and kisses coming your way.
Star says, "Admiral my darling!! I was so relieved to read the message from your mommy! I am rushing over to give you purrs and loving and grooming and all of my treats!! You are my precious treasure and I will make sure that you take your medicine and eat up and drink like you should!! ::kitty kisses::"
Lots of healing purrs coming your way, Admiral! And take your meds ... you will get better and the Mom will be happy. Just sayin' ...
Admiral san, we are glad that your diagnosis was something better than what you first got. I hope you take pills....continue eating well and be happy. We want to see you healthy and happy all the time :-)
Hi my sweet Admiral, Can you hear me purring? XOXO, Spitty
Admiral, be a good kitty and take your meds. I took all of mine for a long time and now I am better and got down to just a few. Maybe if you take yours for a while, you can do without it eventually. The best thing about taking meds is that you get used to it, then it's not nearly so bad. Purrs for you from me and Emma.
Herman
Miss Admiral, I'm so sorry to visit very late here. My mom just collapsed because she was so tired. She works full time plus look after my dad ( he has trouble with his knee )
Mom just can visit everyone today, And I'm so glad you got nothing worst and can be treated with meds.
You know I believe in Magic of Purring.And I want to do more purrs for you my dear Admiral.
Hug
xoxo
We are sending many and many PURR-ayers for you to get very much betters.
Post a Comment