Thursday, January 6, 2011

Scenting


Mom had company night before last after dinner out and while there was a lot of discussion going on about the economy and stuffs, I climbed up and then leapt up to the top of her chair back, behind her head, whereupon I commenced to scenting her hair! I had it standing up on end very nicely and then...I decided to groom it for her. Finally, her hand slipped up to the top of her head and got between me and a fabulous coiffure! I can't believe she turned down an opportunity to look as sleek and shining as I do.

I gave her another chance at 0555 today. Did she express appreciation? Thank me for even trying again? No. That hand came up between my tongue and her fur. Tell you what! I am about done with grooming HER! I was just trying to return the effort with the brushie she puts into ME, but Nooooooo! OK. So be it. Maybe.

Night before last, after our company left, Mom was in here (not doing MY work!)and I came in and looked at her. She opened up my toy box and threw out a large furry mousie wiv a long tail and I tossed it in the air like a kitten! I did that for over a minute and then, I flopped, and bunny kicked it. I batted at her ankles, and I had a long drink before we went to bed. But yesterday, I didn't eat my wet fuds and only made 1 clump before we went to bed. Mom will go in there in a minute and start counting as she cleans out my box to see if I did anything overnight. I wish I could stop this flip flopping in eating/drinking. BUT I am still doing decently enough to stay out of THAT place. For now. Every day is a different day and a new decision by mommy.

This is me in my new cube. It was night so the flashy part came on on top of that flashy box! I had my eyes already starting to close..soon as I saw that little reddish light come on. I guess I fixed MOM!

PEE ESS: Mom said 3 small and 1 medium size clumps. So, I keep tickin' even when I take a lickin'! She wants my 3-4 large ones but she'll take it, MOL.

31 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Sweet Admiral I think it sounds as if you are getting better and better and Cody and I are sooo happy about that!

I can't believe your Mom turned down a chance at a free hairstyle by YOU either!!! How dare she??

Your cube is just wonderful! That makes a great hiding spot.

I know your Mommy is happy with your "clumps", I think the ones you had sound darned good to me!

Keep getting better with each day precious girl!! xoxoxo

Hannah and Lucy said...

Tell your mom just to count clumps not sizes. We think 3 small + 1 medium is the same as 4 large.
Your mom needs you to take her in paw - fancy declining the expert in fur maintenance to look after her wispy furs.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

The Monkeys said...

Humans can be so unappreciative of our attempts to make them more beautiful!

We have a cube too although it's not nearly as clean and new looking as yours. We love how the red makes your beautiful ginger even more radiant.

We hope and purr that you're feeling better and better every day!

Beth said...

I am glad you are doing better Admiral. I think mom just paid out quite a sum for her hairdo and that is probably why she didn't want you grooming it for her.

Cat said...

Sounds like you are feeling better Admiral...playing is definitely a good sign!!! My boys have cubes too and they absolutely love them :-)

Kea said...

We can't understand why your mom would pass on a grooming session. Humans--they make no sense.

We're glad you ate and drank and are doing your business in the litter box. Plus are feeling well enough to play!

Our mom is counting Annie's clumps too, tiny versus larger. But Annie had only a small bit of junkie kibble this AM (the stuff the mom puts out for the feral), didn't touch any of her preferred canned food. Still, she wanted to play, so she and the mom played chase upstairs for a little bit. The mom says Annie (we kitties in general) are going to drive her to madness with worry. :-P

Brian's Home Blog said...

Eating, clumping and human grooming...all important fur sure sweet Admiral. Keep doing good sweetie pie!

Seeking Serenity said...

Weeee!! what fun to hear you are playing!
I think that your grooming might tickle your mommy..
Oo, I gave one of those cubes to a friend who has two cats that love it!

Angel Simba said...

Admiral, I haven't visited your blog in a while, and I am sorry to see you have had some problems. get well, girl! We cats do have to be picky about our fuds just to show those humans who is in charge! Mom has also recently being trying the variations between meaty bits food and pate food (Friskies) with me because I seem to tire of either one of them, even if the flasvors are varied. And the fridge vs room temperature thing? I seem to sometimes prefer fridge food too!

Happy new Year, and get all better! At all costs, stay away from the VET Hospital!
Purrs........

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Darlin' Admiral, we are so thankful that you are doing better....we continue to purray for your complete recovery.

Who can figure our moms????? You'd think they'd love it when we groom them!!!!!!!!!!

That is one mighty fine lookin' cube......but the gal inside the cube is even finer lookin'

We loves you!!!!!!!

Pip said...

Hi Admiral! We sees your commints on other kitties' blogs and thought we would stop by. We is so sorry to see you has been sick.
We follows and purrs fur you now!
Love, TK and Squashies

Anonymous said...

We can't believe your mom declined a grooming session from you.

meowmeowmans said...

We are glad to hear you are feeling better, Admiral. And it sounds like you had a lot of fun playing, too! :)

Why in the world would Mommy turn down a free coiffing from you?

BeadedTail said...

We're glad you are feeling better Admiral! We bet your mom smiled real big when you played like a kitten! We don't understand why she didn't enjoy the grooming though. Humans are weird. We're purring you keep getting better and eat those fuds and make those clumps!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Miss Admiral
I tell you hoomans....sometimes Boo will sit behind Mom on the chair and groom her, Mom just lets her. Boo is very fickle. I groom Mom all the time and she likes it, but then I like to nip her thumb*hard*, she doesn't like that. I do it to my paws I don't understand why she doesn't like it.
I am so glad that you are feeling more and more like yourself. I will keep purrin....

♥♥♥
purrin
xoxox
♥♥♥

Angie, Catladyland said...

Sounds like you are doing just fine -- glad to hear you are playing like a kitten! I'd love to see that :) Keep on clumpin', honey.

Sultan said...

baby coco is quite cute.

lupie said...

Sweet, Sweet Admiral, we hope you feel much better soon.

We send more hugs and purrs.

P:S: We think it is very sweet of you to try to "groom" your mom and not eat her hair! :)

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Moms never seem to apreeshiate how hard we work to make der inadakwit furs look as good as ours! We'z glad yoo is playing and eating and drinking...we'z gonna keep purring fur yoo to feel all da way better.

Mr Puddy said...

Admiral, Sound like you are so much better ! That's great !

About groom your mom , Try again @ 4-5 am. I did with my mom almost every morning. and when she got up. She look fabulous !!!! even my dad cracked up laughing !

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Sounds like you are doing a bit better each day Admiral! Good for you!

I try to groom my Meowms hair sometimes too, and she doesn't appreciate it either! HUMANS!! What ever are we to do with them?~~Junior

Ellen Whyte said...

Target grooms me too; it's an honour - I think.

Lisa said...

Stopping in to send my love to you Admiral ♥♥♥

and to your Mom too. She loves you so much and takes the best care.

The Island Cats said...

Admiral, you keep making those clumps, okay?? And it sounds like you might have a new career as a hair stylist!

GreatGranny said...

Admiral, you precious little girl, It's a relief to know you're playing and feel like grooming Mommy. Tell Mommy if you groom her hair, she won't need hair spray...mol
We hope you leave Mommy more clumps.I hope you like your grass. I can't leave it alone now so Mom put it somewhere so it can grow more, she says.
You look cute in your cube.

Love, Kassey

Gigi said...

Hello My Sweet! Grooming you Mom? Well, what Human would not benefit from some expert feline assistance in that department?

My Human is being pretty uncooperative right now, but I had to stop by and say Hey! to my very best girl ;-) (Don't tell The Baby or any of the others I said that, okay?)

Sweet Purrfections said...

I never thought about grooming my mom. I hope you continue to do okay enough to stay away from the vet.

Katnip Lounge said...

Admiral, we think Spitty is in BIG trouble! maybe.

Anyhoo, we are so happy you're feeling up to giving your Mom fashion tips and even taking matters into your own paws.

We have so many Cats here Mommy could NEVER count our pees...thank goodness.

Michiko Johnson said...

I am so glad you are feeling better Admiral and
in your photos shows.
Have a nice weekend both of you:-)
xoxox

Clooney said...

Nice cube Admiral! And you can groom ME anytime...wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Yeah, what is it about humans not liking their hair scented and groomed? It's a gift we bestow on not every Tom, Dick and Harry, hahameow. Glad the clumps are better--Teri said Brighton's clumps last weekend when she had him with her while visiting friends for the weekend, were 3 and large each day--she was happy! Now, why is she happy bout that but not the hair lickin?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...