That's what I tell Mom every morning, whether she likes it or not. I have not changed MY internal time one bit since that Fall back thingy that was talked about on the TV and the newspapers. MY time is just that...my time. Not hers, not theirs, nobody but me. So, when o'dark early comes, I know it regardless of that the silly clocks say. I can see dawn's early light (do I hear a song off in the distance??) and I can see it no matter the blinds are closed..then I sound my horn and it's up and at 'em.
Mom has two choices as far as I see it. Deal with it or conform to my schedule and go to bed way earlier so she can have more sleep. Most times she chooses not to do that and so she suffers the consequences when I prance on in to sound the alarm.
I also have a habit since being diagnosed a few years ago, with immediately going into the bathroom and meowing very loudly and often for no reason discernible and known only to me. I do this right after my breakfast for about 30 minutes, and it wakes any sleeping human kits who happen to be here. No idea why I feel compelled to do that but I do.
So, if you have any better ideas how to wake and keep awake any humans in the house..email me. I will try them all.
24 comments:
Miles and I are also on a serious and dedicated campaign to disregard the time change. Humans are so inflexible. We are the beloved pets and they better learn quickly we love our set routine... or something like that
bonks dear Admiral H
Miss Admiral, we never wake our mom up in the morning - we like to sleep in. Probably because we have food down all of the time so we aren't starving to death. However, I (Zoe) do my best to keep my mom awake at night. When she goes to bed, that is my cue to play with my toes and scream at them.
Your friends, Fuzzy and Zoe
Admiral, you are doing an 'admiral' job of keeping mom on her toes. Why should she be allowed to sleep later if she can't get to bed on your time. Love the red leaves your mom posted for you!!
My antics used to work, but when I misbehave, Mom puts me out. So maybe you should cut your Mom some slack as these humans seem to need more sleep than we do.....Kassey
Those red leaves are just beautiful, Admiral.
Nicki usually gets up somewhere he shouldn't and knocks something off (downstairs, so the mom really has to get up and check). Or he'll meow at full volume and tear through the house. Derry sticks with his lie-on-the-human's-face-and-try-to-suffocate-her strategy. Either that or he does his claw-in-her-eye or up-her-nose. Very effective.
If the mom really doesn't want to get up at 3:30 or 4:00AM, then sometimes Annie will get in on it by repeatedly jumping on and off the bed, walking on the clock radio, etc.
We let our humans sleep until at least 5:30AM every single day, no matter what. If we want them up earlier we take turns running across the bed! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
We find a game with the crunkly tunnel works a treat but if there is no movement a game of tag across the bed usually works especially if there are one or two jumps on tummies!!
HA! I wonder if you are then part Bengal as I (Miss Jenga) need to let everyone know when I've just relieved myself in the morning. I do wake Her when I'm hungry first by meowing softly but very gravelly. Then when She's rolled over and her hand is sticking out I take my face and push it into her hand all kinds of times & ways. I make sure my wet, cool nose is used to full effect here. If all else fails and She tries to 'hide' her hands under the covers I simply burrow my 12lb self under there too and lie next to her with my heater and massager on; as she's one of those 'middle season' women she quickly gets too hot so then she takes her hands out and I begin the head butty treatment again until She's had 'Quite Enough!' and gets up to fetch me my breakfast.
I tell you, it's hard work gettin' her rousted but a Girls gotta do, what a Girls gotta do!.
xoxo
Miss Jengs
I don't often try to get the PM up in the am, because many o'days she leaves ASAP. I find that if I don't wake her up, there is a better chance of dozing in the sunshine with her.
You iz amazing Admiral. It means nothin to me for time to change cuz I duzn't eats much but you shud see Mr B and Ramses running back n forth to kitchen efurry time hooman goes in there. haha it iz sooo funny. I luv your singing story too, I find da bathroom haz da best akooostix an I sings in there too but not for 30 minutes - I do so admire you for that! xxox
Admiral, you are our idol! We think it's pawesome that you have the whole house on your schedule and waking when you want them to wake! During these cold months, I only wake my mommy long enough to lift the covers so I can crawl under them and snuggle against her. She just loves that so doesn't mind being woke up for it.
Angel
I decided to wake Mom up at 3AM last night. I just needed some belly rubs. I purred real loud,then we both went back to sleep. Then Boo decided to get to close to Mom and I wacked her, and you know what? We both got put out of the bedroom. That's just plain not right!
purrin
xoxox
Abby
We both wake up Rumblemum demanding cuddles. Strangely she doesn't seem to mind!
Admimal, we are a buncha abnormal Cats. We don't get excited UNTIL Mommy gets up. We just cuddle on the bed or run riot on the Catio until she does. Maybe it's because we have nibbles left out for us to finish in the wee hours?
Maybe if you move to Costa Rica you don't have to worry about the time changing thingy (except that you will note it in TV schedule and blog posts) ;)
Oh, and my humans always wakes up late, I don't wake her up, I think I'm an evil cat?!
you are right. We kittehs are pretty smart and we don't need to set any clocks!
I have a trick you can use to wake up your humans.
Do you have a printer in the bedroom? Go over and keep hitting the start button with your paw, drives the humans nuts!
You are just like a baby,they don't know what time is just naturally way to awake up don't they? not worried very much Admiral:-)
Your MOMMY need to adjust herselves LOL!
I feel good today my HEAT RASHES(last two days) is gone and it is the rainning day and strangely enough I don't get up set about rains:-)
You have a nice day,
xoxox
Licking eyebrows works, as does VERY LOUD WAILING from the door.
Sammy says you should just meow loudly and walk around the bed, and Moosey suggests walking all over your mom and touching her face with your paw. :)
Admiral, I like to meow real loud after I use the box too. I think I'm saying "Hey, I just pooped...come check it out!!"
Wally
Amiral, I admire your purrrrrrcystence in making sure your mom goes by the rules of the house. As long as mom lives under your roof she needs to follow the rules. Sometimes a cat just has to show some tough love, and just maybe she will learn to go to bed at a decent hour, so she can get up and enjoy your company and show you a little respect. :) After all she is darn lucky to have you as a pet master. In saying all that, don't tell her I said so.
Ah! Maybe we should show her a little Grace. After all she does mean well, and she has a good heart, and loves you dearly.
Hey, maybe you could show her your appreciation by serving her breakfast in bed, and purring in her ear, and nudging her cheek with your cute little nose, and saying I love you mom.
Say hi to your mom for me and I hope you both have a purrrfect weekend. :)
You know what Admiral? I'm not really a very good kitty in most respects, but the Human says I am the quietest and most polite kitty she ever had. I hardly ever sing at night, I don't play THOE, I don't walk on her while she sleeps. I am the very model of a perfect gentleman!
I really don't care what the clock says either.
Post a Comment