Saturday, October 2, 2010

Livestrong



The badge is our way of honoring today, Saturday October 2, 2010 as Livestrong Day. We looked and looked and we don't have any yellow toys or clothing. But both of our hearts are with those who need us to purr and pray.

Mom paid attention sort of today. She was combing me here at the computer and I was purring extra loud so she still combed. Yes, my tail was swishing back and forth a little but still all I had to do was turn around to the offending hand with the comb and put my teeth on her wrist so gently. I turned away from her wrist as quickly as I touched it with the barest hint of my fangs. It was truly so gentle no one would complain. A baby could have borne that easily, it was so gentle and soft a bitey. I felt badly about the more severe ones this past month. I got the point (no pun intended) across and she stopped combing. Now the brushy..that's another thing. I get tired of that in a hurry but I also don't want any mats.

Mommy is just back. She was out taking pictures, and gave up temporarily on the new 55 mm lens. This weekend she'll be with her son and he will help with the learning curve. ♥

18 comments:

Fr. Tom Fish said...

You were very considerate when your brushing was going on.
I get very nervous when my mats are getting combed. No matter how gentle Will is, he always hits a snag and I run!

xxooLiveStrongooxx

Tom

Beth said...

Yo Admiral, that is the spirit. I am glad you were nice to mommy while she was combing you and only had to inflict a tiny bitey to get her attention.

Kea said...

We don't have yellow toys or clothing either; we're glad you posted the badge!

You know, your mom *could* get you a cone, Admiral, so she could comb and brush you without concern about being bitten. Heh.

BeadedTail said...

We're glad your mom is learning when enough is enough and we hope she learns how to work that lens too! Have a good day Admiral!

Michiko Johnson said...

You are very thoughtful to mom and she knew that too, I don't know how she can lives without you?
I loved the badge in Two cats together cutie ones.
xoxox

Brian's Home Blog said...

Combing is wonderful! I feel the love on this special day Admiral! We all need to LiveStrong together!

The Island Cats said...

Sounds like your mom is getter better when she combs you, Admiral.

LiveStrong today!!

Mishkat said...

You were very nice to give your mom just a small tooth touch as a reminder, Admiral! Tasha has learned to do this too, but the humans got quite a few bite marks during the learning process.

Wishing your mom good luck with the lens!

meowmeowmans said...

We are glad you didn't put the full bitey on Mommy! Thank you for joining in for LIVESTRONG today.

Katnip Lounge said...

Admiral, I have to give Mommy the Claw of Restraint when she combs my flanks...that area is *verboten* to her!

XX KonaKitty

Cat said...

Hello Admiral, I wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on my blog when Molly died. We're trying to drop by to visit everyone who offered us such comfort :-)

Whisppy said...

That's very good, Admiral. It sounds like Mummy has learnt to stop when you've had enough. :)

BostonBoy said...

Admiral, you must always lay down the law to keep her in line. After all you are an admiral!

maya said...

well done for recognising a day such as this. keep up the great work Admiral, and hopefully they will find a cure for this awful disease

Gigi said...

You really practiced self-restraint in giving just that soft little bitey. I say, when the humans don't pay attention to the signs (that t-a-i-l), they deserve whatever comes to them.

GreatGranny said...

My fur is short and I still don't like brushing.You were sweet to just warn your Mom. ...Kassey

Ellen Whyte said...

Now that's a really sweet way to deal with your mummy. Happy Animal Day,darling.

Jennifer Oberth said...

You're Mom is very brave and she knows you don't want those nasty mats so she risks helping you. You should be very proud at how you've trained her! I hope her son can help with the camera...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...