I must have sounded awfully rough on my mom, but really if she would just stop brushing me when I tell her and tell her and tell her I am finished...she wouldn't get a warning..or more.
I think she gets to listening to the news and just keeps on regardless of my thumps. If she turns the brush over to the bristle side and stops brushing with the metal side then she and I would do fine. Most times she does but there are notable occasions when she does not and then, I must act. Otherwise I would have too much stimulation to my already sensitive skin. Just know I dearly love my mom and I try not to really hurt her, Usually I just press when she persists, leaving dents. My patience just was tested too much a few weeks ago and I admit, before I let loose I did leave a pin hole in her arm. I felt badly about it. She never says anything..she just gets up and leaves me on my brushing mat. I wish she'd pay more attention to me. Maybe I should hold up a sign? "Enough already!" ??
I help mom off to dreamland every night by snuggling deep into her neck and shoulder and I purr her to sleep. I pat her face and show her all my love. I appreciate all she does for me and I give back. We are dear to one another. ♥♥♥
20 comments:
Your mom just needs to pay more attention to your signals, to your body language, Admiral. Annie doesn't like to be brushed/combed, but will tolerate it for a few minutes, from time to time. Our mom makes sure she doesn't overdo it, though.
She has a rubber-bristled massage brush that Derry just LOVES. It gets out a fair bit of hair, too, but not as much as other types of brushes. She uses a narrow-tooth comb on us all too, just a cheap human comb from Wal-Mart, and that gets out a TON of fur. But it does pull Annie's longer fur, so she has to be careful with it. On Derry or Nicki she can go to town and not worry about pulling hair, as theirs is so short.
That's the price of looking gorgeous! I love it when Mom brushes me. But it does tickle my tummy and I grab the brush.
Cat Mandu
I sure her not mad at you admiral, after all it iz her own fawlt rilly an not yours *purrr*
Admiral,your furs are so luscious, thanks to your Mom's brushing. I let my Mom use a rubber brush sometimes but I don't lay down for it. I just walk under the brush, keeping total control....Kassey
Admiral Mommy makes you look so beautiful .
Pairs sleeps with her Mom too just beside her and moves to her feet .
xo
Such a sweet post; we know your Mommy appreciates the neck snuggles and love pats on her face :)...kisses, beautiful girl...Calle, Halle, Sukki
Brushing is a good thing, just take a look in the mirror...see what I mean!
You must have patience with your Mommy - she's only human, you know.
I'm sure she knows how much you care. I am so jealous you purr her to sleep...my two kittens think when I get under the covers and turn out the lights it's time to play on my legs...
Be forgiving of mommie when she make a tiny little mistake. Just tap her smartly with your paw and she will get the message.
Admiral
I fully understand. Momma tries to over pet both Boo and myself and we both have to let her know to stop. Boo has been known to take Mom's full arm and wrap all four claws around it and put the bitey on her (she not trying to break the skin) and I just pinch Momma really hard. I am not trying to break the skin either. Of course we both easily could but we have to let her know we mean STOP!
Your Mom forgives you just like ours does.
They both understand.
purrin
xo
Abby
Even the most refined gentleman has his patience tested now and then.
Admiral, don't worry. The Bitey is every Cat's right! Your Mom understands, we're sure. Rupert says next time just think about him and you'll forget all about getting irritated. We say Rupert is a little conceited and now we might get irritated with HIM! MOL!
Admiral, your mom understands that you're just trying to teach here when you've had enough. She'll learn.
Admiral, we know you love your mom and that she loves you very much too! She understands that every once in awhile we have to give biteys for them to know that we mean business. It's nice you snuggle with her and help her fall asleep.
I say, if she ignores your very clear message, then it's her own fault if she gets the bitey.
Myself, I usually just jump down when I've had enough brushies. I don't even give her the CHANCE to overdo it. You might try that system. Less blood, and I know that might be kind of disappointing.
The feline looks comfy!
I'm sure your Mum understands better now. I'll bet it hurts her more to know she was hurting you than the bitey itself! :)
In fairness to your Mom you have to admit you are always meticulously groomed.
I prefer 'The Claw-ie' myself. Get's the message across every time! I love the wire brush but That Woman goes all the way down my tail and then my tail goes around in circles really fast & SHE thinks it's hilarious! Makes me all hissy; then I have to swat her and remind her I've had enough. Only trouble with that is sometimes she realizes she hasn't given me a manicure in awhile... DANG!
POWER TO THE PAW!
xoxo
Ms Stella O'Houligan
Post a Comment