Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Way or the Highway


Well darned if I didn't come on in to mom's bed right after she got in it last night all by myself. And I asked her why she was layin' on both pillows propped up reading when one of them is clearly mine. Never mind that I have not chosen to lay my hind end and tail across it while draping my gorgeous front end all over her face and neck. It should always be there, empty and prepared for me. So, I came in, jumped up and waited till she quickly got MY pillow out from under her and laid it the way it's supposed to be....that is north to south..not east to west. I get between the pillows, lay my plume of a tail across MY pillow and then my front legs are on her pillow and her face along with my sweet face inching its way up to lay against hers. Oh she loves that. If I asked for a hundred dollars she'd give it to me she is so enchanted with my soft silky face next to hers..notwithstanding my purrs.

She talked to me a while and then fell asleep. So did I. She'll wait for that tonight but you know how I am. I'll probably ask her to wait an indeterminate time before I do that again. Maybe come Winter when the wonderful deep red heavy fleece blanket comes out I will always be there.
And to think she complained last Winter that I caused her to be paralyzed into an uncomfortable position when I laid on her. Whose sorry now? Snicker snicker.

I may put out to sea here shortly. In case I do..ahoy!

14 comments:

Beth said...

You were nice to mom last night Admiral. Good for you! Stay safe while you are at sea.

Kea said...

Oh, how dare your mom not have your pillow ready! A ladycat must have things *just so*.

We're sure your mom enjoyed your snuggling, but best not to do it too often, otherwise she'll become complacent and possibly try to slack off on her service to you.

And if you're putting out to sea, remember your life jacket! :-)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Ah yes we ladycats needs our things just right. Mom's know this too!

Snuggles are good. I enjoy a good snuggle with my Mom, but I have to keep her on her toes, so a little nip here and there help to make sure she never takes my snuggles for granted!

Oh Admiral you are such a gorgeous beauty!

purrin

xo
Abby

Seeking Serenity said...

how CUTE!! I am melting with sweetness...
Oh and I love that photo :)

Rosemary B❤️ said...

us boycats just plow right in. You girls are so silly and need your pillows just so bonkbonkbonk haha

safe travels and don't pop your fancy feast okay?

bonks

meowmeowmans said...

You are a ladycat who knows exactly what she wants in life ... nothing wrong with that, Admiral! :)

Katnip Lounge said...

Admiral, You go, Girl! Shame on you Mom for not having your pillow ready and waiting. Our Mommy has four regular bedmates and each of us have our own Special Needs, too. Sometimes at 3 AM.
Rupert is wondering if you have anyCat in mind to ManCat the Poop deck?

Gigi said...

My Human read this post and almost wept with jealousy!

You see, I would never even DREAM of sharing a bed with her, much less inching my soft and beautiful face furz up close to hers. YUCK!

Maybe we can switch places for a night?

BeadedTail said...

Maybe your mom was just keeping your pillow warm for you! I lay on both my mom's and dad's pillows at night but last night about 2am someone moved and scairt me so I took off across my mom's head. She woke up yelling HBO words with blood dripping down her forehead. She wasn't mad at me but that'll teach them to not move when they are sleeping so they don't scare me!

Isabella

Lisa said...

I loved how nice you are to get your way and that is the way it should be. Mom is the best and make sure you tell her for me.
I have new babies coming soon and one more has been named. You both know of Orangie.. but now there is a "Sage" and one more girl to name. I cant wait and getting so excited to see them for the first time. When they come LB I will let you know and Mom can bring you by for a visit. It cant be long now. What a surpise for me and for Paris. We both have been waiting so long.
Love you and Love from Paris.

Daisy said...

Oh Admiral, anyone would love to have your soft face next to theirs! Sometimes I sleep on my Mommehs' head.

Vivian said...

Ahoy! Setting sail? Guard Dog on duty ... aka Special K9 Forces for covert operations a go when orders given. Operation Heart Song. Oh, shhhhh ... right. Can't let Pete know the details. Right. Roger that, Admiral. Let's set sail!!! A-ROOOOOO woof! *hanging head off side of ship, feeling the sea breeze* A-ROOOOO ~~ Flash

GreatGranny said...

I never get close to Mom's face, but she wishes I'd be more loving. I need my space cuz she moves and disturbs me...Kassey

Banana and Cheese said...

There should be many pillows ready for you! Fluffy, furry ones with mice prints on them, small and dainty silk pillows for glamour shots, and warm flannel for winter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...