Thursday, July 8, 2010

Better today


I gave mommy a break from worry and I have been out and about per my usual. It was as you kitties said..I just didn't tell her that I wanted to be by myself and just do cat stuff and think cat things and not keep my furs arranged just so and all in place and gleaming. Just vegging out, ya know? She does that. Why does she get so concerned when *I* do that? Gee.

I tried to let her know last night that I was OK because I did come to bed with her to help her read. She always puts the book down soon as I get up there because that way, she has two hands free to pet me and hold me close. Takes her a long time to get those bedtime books read, let me tell you. She picks up the book and gets a paragraph read and here I come. That's the price of having a furbaby.

But I digress. I came up..we laid there quiet and still..I had my head on her forearm and the rest of me along the rest of her arm and I went to sleep. She did too and when she did, I just got up and left! She always wakes when I do that but I just show her the end of my feathers (tail) and leave! HA! Sleep on MY visit..I leave!

12 comments:

Kea said...

...but I just show her the end of my feathers (tail) and leave! HA! Sleep on MY visit..I leave!

Ha! Typical tortitude. :-P (Well, typical cattitude!)

We're glad you're feeling better. Our human understands how your mom feels, though, because any time we even look a little odd, our human is all over us, panicking we're sick and dying. It's the paranoia that's become a permanent part of her personality since Chumley's death. She's a pain in the furry butt, but since we can't open the cans ourselves, we guess we have to keep her. Kinda the same with you, Admiral!

Beth said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I know your mom worries so about you.

Katnip Lounge said...

You've heard the cat's pajamas saying...well, you were just having a pajama day!

Gotta kick back, stay in the old fur jammies and be a lazy lump.

Seeking Serenity said...

love this....
My baby didnt even come to bed with me!
Took me three times of getting out of bed to beg her. She lays like that along my arm,then flips over on her back along my leg :)

BeadedTail said...

We're glad you're better today and that your mom doesn't have to worry anymore. They seem to think we have to be the same every single day but we do need our "alone" time just like beans do sometimes.

Angel & Isabella

GreatGranny said...

Admiral,Mom and I are so glad you're feeling better. I enjoy my privacy as well. We tried to comment on your other blog, but could not. I'm napping while Mom visits,Your friend Kassey....GGB

meowmeowmans said...

We are so happy you are better today, Admiral! Your mommy just worries about you because she loves you so much. But we can certainly understand that you need some alone time every now and then.:)

maya said...

we were worried about you too, Admiral and we are glad that you are back to your normal self again today :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Maya and Harley xx

Gigi said...

OMG! My Human gets **completely insane** if I sleep too long, or decide to hang under the bed for a day, or (God forbid!) do not eat all my food or poop on schedule. Sheesh! Get a friggin' life!

Lisa said...

Glad your feeling so good. My mom went away and left me here. I was so happy to see her but first didnt talk to her for an hour until she got the treats out. Then I knew she was putty in my hands..ha.
Paris

The Island Cats said...

We've learned that whenever we do something out of the norm, our mom starts to worry thinking we're sick or something. We're glad you're doing better, Admiral. Your mom worries because she loves you...

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Awww, such a sweet and peaceful scene...you stayed til you knew she was asleep...but maybe she was just catnapping...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...