Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tortie Thursday


Kitties! I swear this is a brand new picture of me looking suspiciously at the place my dedded -by-me mousie WAS laying, and the picture was taken today not 15 minutes ago. I am in the same spot that my dedded mousie was displayed in front of my mighty huntress self several days ago. I expected that mousie to return so that I may parade it around properly. MOM said she "dropped" it somewhere and can't find it! Right! It was supposed to go into the freezer for our weekend supper! How can I show it off to my brother who will visit this weekend if she "dropped" it and can't find it? I'm furry suspicious of this whole thing!


37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your mom could have gotten the mouse stuffed, you know, taxidermy. And preserved it for all time. :-P

Meowers from Missouri said...

uh-oh. we 'spects it's been dropped inna trash cart! why don't beans unnerstan' how impawtent trophies are to us? they hangs partsa THEIR kills on their walls--don't they unnerstan' that floor display an' parades are our way of commemoratin' our prowess?? we're sorry fur yer loss!!

Pandafur said...

Oh no! Iz nevar trust they hoomanz, theyz always 'losing' stuff! This iz an owtrayj! Iz callin fur a kitteh okupayshunz, all kittehs will okkupie Admiral's mousie hunting grownds until they mousie iz coffed up!

Cat said...

I'm sure it was an accident Admiral and your mum is very proud of your hunting skills!!!

BeadedTail said...

Your mom lost your mousie? All that hard work to dedded it for nothing. That was very careless of her!

Angel Simba said...

It sure WOULD have been nice to show it to your brother.

Would you believe it, when my Dad find dedd mousies in the mousetraps he wearS GLOVES to carry them "away"? I don't understand that. Specially if they are all stiff.

I have a funny mouse stry to tell about my Mom one day. I am just trying to decide when is the right time.

Donna said...

Awww. :)

Hannah and Lucy said...

The trouble with these mums Admiral is jealousy. They are so miffed that they can't catch a little mousie cos they're just too big and slow (old too but best not to mention that part!). We bet your mom showed all her friends the mouse and pretended she'd caught it.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Tucker The Crestie said...

What a bummer! Still, no one doubts your hunting prowess!

wildcatwoods said...

Oh dear - she took the mouse away!

Cats of wildcat woods

Beth said...

Never fear Admiral. Your mommy has that mousie in a deep freeze somewhere where it will stay safe.

xoxo

Max said...

Did she drop it or file it? I'm thinking she put it into File 13... Should be easy to find. File 13 is usually roundish and pretty deep...

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Sorry Mom lost your mousie, but I would have dropped it somewhere too. Just don't lke the looks of them.

Cathy Keisha said...

Maybe she sent it to a taxidermist to get stuffed so you can play with it forever.

CATachresis said...

If I were you, Admiral, I would question your mom very closely indeed! All is not what it seems!!!

Mr Puddy said...

Miss Admiral, Do you think mommy keep mousie for herself ?... I saying : )
xoxo

~E said...

I think mommy disposed of your "treasure" there, Admiral xo

neora chana said...

My PM has been known to sequester me while the mouse is still alive and let it escape back outside.....PT

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Oh dear my sweet I think you have seen the last of that.. Hugs GJ xx

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

SHE LOST YOUR DEDDED MOUSIE!? THE NERVE! We guess you will just have to ded another one.

Marg said...

Did you catch a real mouse Admiral?? Good for you. And the Mom took it away. What is wrong with her. It might have been kind of Icky though. Take care

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Admiral it's time to find another mouse to dedded!!

Looking real good sweet girl.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Unknown said...

Dearest Admiral Hestorb,
A picture is worth a thousand words! Yous has proof (btw - mices really are kind of yucky tasting) me always holds out for Fancy Feast!
Kisses
Nellie

Daisy said...

WHAT?!?! I can hardly believe she didn't freeze your mousie for future enjoyment!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Admiral, I think your human wanted the mousie for herself and did not want to share... and she has already eaten it!

Michiko Johnson said...

Not worried Admiral that you will be surprise and she might has keep at somewhere for you?
xoxoxox

The Island Cats said...

Y'know, Admiral, maybe there is another mousie in the house that you could deaded.

Anonymous said...

You should be here! TBT appreciates us getting real mousies and lets us enjoy them as long as we like.

Yes we are inside cats now, but there are always some stupid mousies that think the house is a great place ta spend the Winter. They allus meet up with us eventually... MOL!

Gigi said...

The more I think of it, the worse it seems that your Mommy took your prey that was all deaded.

I hope we'll soon have a nice, new picture of the, you know, red velvety thing.

XO

Oui Oui said...

We thinks the mom is playing with the mousie herself and doesn't want to share. Maybe she'll get you one of those pretty white ones for Christmas

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Thank Bast you haf the pics! We are still in awe ofur your hunting prowess. xoxo

RoySr said...

Admiral, maybe the Mom didn't want the mousie to spoil and she put it in the freezer and forgot all about it. Moms do things like that sometimes. Weird really, but ......

Michelle said...

I don't even wanna tell you where she dropped it, Ms. B!

meowmeowmans said...

Well, at least you have photographic proof to show your brother, right?

Have a great weekend, sweet Admiral!

KrittersThatTwitter said...

I hated when dey take our toys dat move around till we pounce dem! I sat in da baffroom for 4 days once cuz dats where I last saw my mousie :<( he nebber came back. I saw mommy running outside screaming wiff a box in her hands right before he disappeared. hmmmm

GreatGranny said...

Aww, sweetheart and to think that you did it fur her. Well, she can show the photo to your Brother.
xoxo Kassey

Jans Funny Farm said...

You should be suspicious. We kill em and they disappear. We think the humans eat them when we're sleeping and then claim they were lost. Yeah, right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...