Saturday, October 15, 2011

Simply Caturday


Here I am yesterday at 1:30 peering at mom through the wires and over the electronic equipment behind the TV as I lay in my condo, stubbornly refusing to come out.


Kitties, yesterday I went into my condo from 8 in the morning till 1:30 in the afternoon! Mom gave up (that was the idea) of ever getting me into my carrier. No, she won't dump me out of it. I need a safe place and that's it. She knew I wasn't in dire straits..as a matter of fact I felt terrific. So she figured Monday would be soon enough.

But, I had to use the litterbox so I came out. Mom heard the scratching and after I was finished and on my way to UTB, I found myself in the carrier.

A quick trip there and a going over to make sure I was OK (as the weekend was coming). I was weighed and I gained from 6.6 to 7.2 pounds all in a few days. Even the V-e-t was smiling as well as the Tech. Mom looked like the sun rising. It's Rupert's expert Chef's prowess. He's made me filling and nourishing fuds. xoxoxoxo

My human brother is here but I get no bacons this time for his breakfast. Mom is making him eggs and sausage gravy and biscuits. Big fluffy biscuits. Lotsa gravies. I can't have any of that. Maybe a bite of eggs.

We have a little plan, the Dr. and I, to help me out. It's simple and requires more trips than I like but for only a few minutes. We'll see how it works out.


33 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

All those smiles make us smile too!

#1 thought of you yesterday as she took some stunning photos of "Red Admiral' butterflies in the field.

Purrs,
The Chans

Beth said...

HOORAY!! I am glad that vet trip is over for you Admiral and that you gained weight!!

xoxox

Tucker The Crestie said...

It's worth going to the vet for news like that! Yay, Admiral!

Seeking Serenity said...

SO proud of your momma for getting you to the vet's :)
and very happy about the good news!

Angel Simba said...

Well done all round, Admiral. You kept Mom guessing, but went to the vet in the end. We are furry glad the news is good. You and Mom enjoy your brother's visit!!

san said...

Good Job on the weight gain Admiral. We think we may do as you do to hide from san. We know she is thinking of bringing all offur us to the vet for annual checkups.
Its time we hatch a similar plan.
the amigos

Brian's Home Blog said...

Bravo pretty Admiral, that sure made my whiskers grin up!!! Keep up the good work sweet one!

Cat Wisdom 101 said...

Admiral, this is excellent news. That made us purr.

Mariodacat said...

Woohoo - that is super news. It would be nice to see you do good for a long time. But you are really smart, so you'll probably catch on to having to go in the carrier. At least now mom can call the vet tech for help capturing you.

CATachresis said...

So here's the deal. You eat and become a fat cat and mama smiles a lot. OK?

You done good kiddo >^..^<

Whisppy said...

Good girl, Admiral. Rupert's expert Chef's prowess eh? We'll see about that!

Love, Boomie

Tamago said...

Hi Admiral san! Your mom must have moved so swiftly when you came out to use the bathroom! Glad she could take you to the vet and great news! You gained weight! That made me smile, too :-)
I hope you'll have fun with your brother and have a great weekend!!

Julia Williams said...

That is good news!! I'll bet your Mom was waiting so patiently for you to come out to use your box or get a drink, or something... and then she could swoop you up and off you go to the vet. But it sounds like it went really well, so it's not so bad, right?

Annie Bear said...

We're smiling too! This is great news, Admiral! We wanted to hear the plan though.

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Hooray Admiral! A smiling vet and happy Mom with you good visit is just great news. I know you are proud to make them so happy. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

In the words of Hannibal from the A Team - "I love it when a plan comes together"! Glad to hear you are doing so much better Admiral =^..^=

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I am glad you are doing so well, Admiral! Although the new tactic of the vet's does not sound like it will be much fun for you.

Anonymous said...

We are glad the Vet is happy, Mom is happy, an you seem to be doing well!

Katnip Lounge said...

Miss Admiral, you get a list from your Doc of approved fuds and I'll do the rest! I LOVE your curves, oh yes I do!
xx Rupert xx

BeadedTail said...

We're happy that the vet is happy and your mom is happy and that you are feeling so good Admiral! Sorry you can't have any bacon but being well is the best thing. We hope you have a great visit with your brother!

Michiko Johnson said...

It was a good news Admiral!
hope keeps it up for a long time.
Have a lovely weekend with your human brother AND your MOM.
xoxoxo

The Island Cats said...

Admiral, we're glad you're doing better! And whatever it takes to keep you feeling good, we're all for it!

Unknown said...

Dear Sweet Admiral Hestorb,
You are positively ravishing in that photo! And I am so happy that everything went well with the Vet! Have a marvelous time with your Human brother!
Kisses
Your admirer
Kozmo

Cathy Keisha said...

I have a new plan for you. They stop stressing you out with all those vet visits. Each unnecessary one is prolly shortening your life. xoxo Hugs to your Mom who I know is trying to do good by you.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We luf great news! We'll keep purring and you keep doing good! xoxo

Gigi said...

Oh my darling! The Human has been away for most of the day and it made me late in my visiting. Shall I pop over very soon for some red blankie time? ♥ ♥ ♥

I miss seeing your glorious face and furs . . . of course, I'll see you in fursun shortly, but also I'll try to visit from a different computer tomorrow!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Yahoo!! You keep up the noming my dear, I'm so happy to hear you're doing better!!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Very good Caturday mews! Our secreTeri is at a cat show this weekend, and they have WiFi so she's catching up visiting, while collecting green papers at the 'gate' and yesterday Brighton was the meet and greet cat, today it's Coco. She's been takin' pix and will post em soon!

meowmeowmans said...

What wonderful news! We are smiling from ear-to-ear here, too, sweet Admiral! :)

Daisy said...

Hooray for your weight gain, Admiral! I am proud of you!

Oui Oui said...

We are so happy to hear you are feeling and doing so well! You are lucky your mom is willing to go through so such work for you. Some kitties moms wouldn't, and other kitties have no moms or homes. Three cheers for you!

Fr. Tom Fish said...

A few added pounds looks terrific on you, Admiral!

Glad your vet news was good. Have a good week!

Tom
xoxo

GreatGranny said...

So glad about the v-e-t noos, sweet Admiral.
xxoxo Kassey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...