Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Visit From Mom



Mom here. I just got back from a long visit with Admiral. She made a sweet sound when she saw it was me and the cage door was opened for me to reach in. I petted her a long time. I got to give her many kisses.

She had refused to eat that pate style food they gave her..which was why I brought her own food for her but they failed to give it to her. She only eats foods with pieces in it. Therefore she had had nothing to eat since her very sparse breakfast here at home early yesterday morning. They broke open a can of Fancy Feast I had brought while I was still there and reminded them about the pate style foods. But she didn't eat it right then. They said she may after I left. However I had brought 3 Pounce treats..knowing she would refuse and instead, she ate them out of my hand! I went home..got the bag and fed her as much as she would eat of Pounce. I don't care if it's a treat. If she eats..it can be whatever she wants. I'd say she ate a good quarter cup worth. Tonorrow I am going earlier and taking her Royal Canin dry food. Maybe she'll eat. I'll feed her by hand as I did when I was there today.

Her Dr. said that no, she can't come home tomorrow as I hoped. He said it was too soon and she needed her drip even though she IS hydrated now. Must be other things in it. Thursday morning she will have another blood profile to see where she's at. Hopefully by afternoon she can come home.

Here is a picture of her, her black PTU on the floor, an assistant and the hospital cat too. Her name is Tillie and there is Cliff, a gray and white as well. They live there. I apologize for the fuzzy picture. I failed to set it correctly and couldn't tell until I got home.

She said she's doing pretty well all things considered and says she did indeed feel all of the love and purrs and prayers coming to her to keep her from being afraid. I did too. Truth.


57 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

My cage is the one with the towel covering the front. Up top.

Gigi said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hurray for treats and eatings! I hope you eated that tasty fudz your Mommy brought you (well, since you gorged yourself on the treats....maybe later!)

I'll drop by later, my Sweet Admiral, and groom your little face just like when we are UTB.

XOXOXO, Ur Spitty

Katnip Lounge said...

Miss Admiral, you absorb those healthy fluids just like all the love and purrs we're sending you. Rupert said he'd make way for Spittoon--just this once. You make sure to eat ALL your dinner.
{{hugs}} to your Mom from our Mommy, and headbutts from us!

Angel Simba said...

Admiral, even though it is jail, it looks like a very very nice jail. Very clean and sparkly. I am sorry they didn't remember to give you your own fuds, but maybe your tummy hs still been feeling off anyway. I expect your Mom will be over a couple of times tomorrow and on the phone to remind them what to feed you!

Purrs. With Spitty coming over and Rupert probably following after, I won't try to come by tonight, but know you are muchly in my thoughts.

Mommy, you try and get a good night's sleep.

Beth said...

I am glad you and mom had a nice visit. Please eat the good stuff mom brought for you.

xoxo

meowmeowmans said...

Hi Admiral! Well, that is certainly good news that you ate all those nommy treats. That's definitely better than eating nothing, though hopefully you'll eat all that fancy feast when you're a little less full. :)

We're glad you're hydrated again ... we bet that makes you feel way better, huh? We're purring and praying that the drip works some sort of magic, and that you can go home with mommy on Thursday. That would be the best!

Thanks for the update. We'll keep checking back!

Big hugs, nose taps, purrs and prayers from all of us.

Love,

Sammy and Moosey, and their daddy and mommy, too. :)

Jans Funny Farm said...

Glad she ate something. Wish she would eat some cat food, though. Hopefully, after you left.

We're purring and wagging for Miss Admiral's health so she can come home.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm so glad to see an update, we've been thinking about you all day. I can't believe they just ignored your food orders. I may have to have a chat with them. Love ya sweetie!

The Lee County Clowder said...

Hang in there, Admiral. We're all purrrrring for you.

CATachresis said...

Three cheers for treats! Admiral sweetheart you're doing good. Loads of love and purrs from us >^..^<

Pandafur said...

Deer Admiralz mom thanks you fur teh update on mai dearest Admiral, espeshlly teh pikshures. Mai liddle hart iz aking fur herz an fur you. Itz so good you did feed herz noms by hand cuz that iz teh bestest way fur nomming. Tells Admiral that Iz wants herz to keep nomming yummy treetz an get all betters fast. Iz purring hard, maybe you can heer me *PURRRRRRRRRRRR* xxoxoxxx

Random Felines said...

We is purrin' extra hard....we were surprised how much some fluids made a difference for foster Trevor - we hope it helps you as well. We will send extra special baby kisses from Trev & Troy....they are extra sweet!!!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Eat all the food for your mum and hopefully those fliuds will do the trick and you will be home quick smart. Sending love and purrs your way.. Hugs GJ xx

Annie Bear said...

Oh no! That's discouraging that they didn't give her the food that you left for them to feed her. I'm so glad she ate all the treats and hopefully, maybe she'll her FF later and the dry food you'll bring. (It's funny how all the cats here only like pate and not the food with chunks.) Hearing that Admiral ate did all our hearts good as I'm sure it did yours.

Take good care!

Stacy Hurt said...

Holy Carp in a handbasket!!! My worthless human was home ill yesterday & so we did not come to visit until today and what to my horror!!! Ms. Admiral! I am so very sorry for not coming to see you sooner! Be well my lovely sistah! I will make sure the human suffers extra and we will will turn our purrs up on high!

xoxoxoxox
Ms. Stella O'Houligan

Michiko Johnson said...

Poor Admiral! It was good seen your MOM visit you...I will tell your Mom to buy your favorite a Can of Tuna.
Big Hugs,
xoxoxoxo

Poppy Q said...

Purrs for you sweet Admiral and your mom. We hope you enjoy those treats and get to eat some chunky fancy feast. Me - I'm a gravy sucker, and leave all the chunks behind.

Smooches
Julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Anonymous said...

Admiral, we're so glad your mom got to visit you. Are you sure you can't come home now? Is there really good reason to keep you there, other than extra money for the vet? (Sorry, the mom's not very trusting of vets, especially these days.) It had better be the day after tomorrow, then.

Lots of purrs to you both. The mom's having a very, very hard time with this post and those pics, though that's not anything to do with you.

Blessings and Light.

Oui Oui said...

Hi sweet Admiral we've been purring for you and thinking of you all day. We hope they find out why you have to be there soon so you can go home. We're happy your mom could visit you. You can have all my foods with the bits in it, I only eats the pate! Get better soon so you can enjoy sun puddles with us!

Cat said...

Please don't be afraid Admiral, we all love you!!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Now Miss Admiral
You just rest up and relax, remember this is just a spa treatment. They are there to serve you, you'll be outta this in no time and back home with your Mommy! We all miss you like crazy but we want you to be 100% well and feeling like your beautiful self. WE will purr for you and teleport ofur for support.
purrs&love
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Mariodacat said...

Oh Admiral, we're so happy your mom wrote this report. We has been worried about you all day sweetie. Hopefully tonight you will eat the Fancy Feast mom brought for you. You look comfy there like you have all the comforts of home that you can possibly get in dat cage. More prayers and purrs coming your way Admiral. We'll be sitting on your porch until you come home. SMOOCH

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Mommy said she didn't blame you fur the treats! She would haf done the same thing. We are still purring very hard fur you, pretty Admiral (and your mom too) !

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are sending lots of purrs for you to feel better and come home Admiral.

BeadedTail said...

Admiral, we have been thinking of you and purring so much since we heard about you being at the vet. We're glad your mom went and got them to feed you the foods you like plus fed you Pounce! We hope you get well soon so you can come back home to your mom! We love you Admiral and are sending lots of purrayers!

JessieJaney said...

Dearest Admiral ... it will be over soon and you will be home, please eat your noms ... we love you and miss you xxx's from @JessieJaney

Daisy said...

Oh Admiral, you are so brave! You curl up on that clothing from your mom so you feel her close to you throughout the night. We're thinking of you!

Athena said...

Sweet Admiral, I haf been thinking of you all day. Kit and I are purring so hard for you and mama is sending love and hugs to your mom.

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

We's been sitting on admiralsporch and purring and sending ducky energies for you to feel better all way fast. We hopes yoo gets to go home tomorry. Glad yoo is eating treets at least!
Luv n purrrrrrrrrrrs n ducky hugs,
Alla Us Hotties and Georg

Mr Puddy said...

I'm so glad your mommy went to visit you, Miss Admiral.Without her visiting, you may not eat ! I do purrs like crazy and paws crossed ! Just for you to get better and I hope the results turn o.k.
Lots of hugs to your mom
Luv
xoxo

GreatGranny said...

This is such a precious photo, sweet Admiral. You're so precious to us all and we'll be glad when you get home with Mommy. Keep eating for Mommy. We're still sending up prayers and purrs for you and Mommy.
xoxo Kassey

The Island Cats said...

Oh Admiral! We're sorry you gotta stay at the vet, but it does look kinda nice there...not as nice as home, but pretty good for a vet. We hope you eat some of your foods. And we hope you are feeling well enough to come home real soon! We're purring for you, girlfriend.

Mickey's Musings said...

Aw sweetie, we are sorry you need to stay with the Vet. We bet you feel more like eating when Mom is around.
We will purr very hard that everything goes well and you get to come home Thursday :) HUgs to you and your Mom. We know she is missing you!!!

Purrs Tillie and Georgia

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Admiral, that is such a bummer that you have to spend extra time at the clinic. At least you know you are not being abandoned! Purrs to you, my friend.

The Florida Furkids said...

Oh noes, we were really hoping that you could come home today. We're glad you ate a bit for your Mom but you need to eat a LOT more.

We're purring as hard as we can for you.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Cat Wisdom 101 said...

We're sending mega healing purrs from the whole gang!

wildcatwoods said...

When Chica was in the hospital we gave her anything she wanted. The vet put 3 kinds of food on her plate and she did eat something. I also went to visit and spend time with her - I think it helps Admiral to know you come by. Sending lots of purrs for her and you still!

Cats of wildcat woods

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Oh Admiral, We sooo Sad to see you like dis :((((((
Mom sayz it breaks her heart :(

You keep eating what your mom bringz to you and whatefer you can you needz to get strong and come home soon.
Till den we take turnz teleporting to keepz you company, warm and not afraid ^..^ Many Loud Purrayerz , Lotz of soft noze kissez to you ~

Mom sending Hugs,Light and Love to mom Carol and many kisses to Sweetie Pie Admiral ~

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

oh Admiral and Mom I am soooo sorry I didn't find out til today that you aren't feeling well!!!! My heart aches looking at your photo above.

I am happy to hear though that it sounds like you will get to go home soon. You are such a good girl to eat out of your Mommy's hand. I know your Mom must be so worried and you must be scared.

Don't be scared, they are trying to make you all better...we are all purring for you and want you to know that we love you both!

Please get well soon!
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Dearest Admiral,
The hosital is not a fun place. Our Dr Carol let us come and visit Sammy when she was so sick. We all came, me-Nellie, Kozmo, Cinnamon and Bob. We did not go every day, but Mommy and Daddy did. They went at different times so that she had more time with us. Dr Carol and her little boy stayed with Sammy all night and they brought their dogs too. All the peoples that work there made us feel welcome. We will all come and visit yous in our dreams. Get better PleSe.
We is all purraying for yous!
Kisses
Nellie

Unknown said...

Thinking of you both. Hugs

Quill and Greyson said...

Still purring hard over here!!

san said...

When Toro was in hospital I brought his favourite canned food although her should be given only dry Royal canin for kidney cats. After the 1st day of the drip, he was wide -eyed and wanted to walk about and so I brought his harness and we walked around the nurse's station :) He had sevral blood tests also before the vet gave the ok. I was terribly anxious all the time and so we are all purraying for you. I told the amigos to do it also.

san

Gigi said...

Dropping in to say Good Night, my sweet! I'll see you in the a.m.--when you wake in the morning, you'll only be one day away from coming home, I hope. Peaceful sleep to you and your Mommy.

XOXOXO, S-the-K

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Hiya, just dropping by to see how you are going? Hope you are feeling better and not too lonely and miserable in the hospital. I hated it when I had to be there for 2 nights years ago.

Karen Jo said...

I don't think it matters that much what kind of food she eats, as long as she eats. I hope that she gets better soon and can come home with you. Herman and Emma send healing purrs.

Admiral Hestorb said...

I am deeply grateful to all of you.

Ellen Whyte said...

Oh Admiral, do be good and eat. We hope that by this time she's home and happy again. Purring for you - both!

Angel Simba said...

Admiral, we saw your Mommy left Simba a comment during the early hours - we are sorry she was probably not sleeping so well. Purrrrrrs.

Jacqueline said...

We are so happy to hear you ate with your Mommy, beautiful girl!...We are all purring and praying for you to recover quickly and be able to go home asap, sweetie...We love you so much and wish you only the best, precious friend...sending you and your Mommy love and hugs...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

Marg said...

Thanks so much for the update. We have been so worried about you Admiral. You nice mom is keeping us up to date. Now we do wish you would eat something. Maybe you will start eating today. We are send so many purrs, you just have to get better. The donkeys are still crossing their hooves. So we know you will be so much better in just a little while. Hang in there Mom. Big hugs to you.

Seeking Serenity said...

Loving headbonks and soft hugs sweet kitty... and peace for your mommy

Hannah and Lucy said...

Give Admiral some whiskery kisses and gentle head butts when you visit her today. We miss her.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

I know you must miss her terribly. Hope she eats today and get home soon. Give her a hug from me and here's one for yourself. This little furry creature sure do get into our hearts.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Sweet Admiral, all us Sherwood Kitties are purring like crazy fur you.
If you need anyfing, you just let us know. We can telerport over and keep you company in your jail cell.
Love & Purrs,
KC
Missy Blue Eyes
Faith Boomerang
Sol
Smokey
Brutus Jr.
Mom ML

Anonymous said...

Miss Admiral, we gots to gets you outta that cage girlfurrend!!! You looks terrible in there, and how DARE they not give you your proper foods that your mommeh lefted? Hmph. I can not blames you for eating a whole quarter cup of treats. Who would not be stress eating through an ordeal like this?! Hurry up and feel betters so you can gets outta there.
Purrs and Love,
Attie (and AudreyCake!)

Kwee Cats said...

Hi Admiral, we are stopping by as we catch up on how you are doing. We keep purrs for you and your Mom.
(((hugs)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...