
I think that a commenter a few weeks ago hit the nail on the head. I am having a kitty version of post traumatic stress syndrome. And no wonder what with mom having no choice but to snatch me up out of sleep and carry me to the PTU and haul me in every three days for very unpleasant proceedings. Having horribly bitter stuff that makes you foam at the mouth for a few minutes forcibly squirted into your mouth is the pits.
Mind you I had to have it done or mom would have seen me go to the Bridge because I wasn't eating or drinking..I was just getting sleepier and sleepier and spent all of my time sleeping. I never even said anything all 24 hours of the day. I know she was scared or she would not have made me go through all of that.
I am better and I am eating and drinking but I am still afraid that mom will do that to me again. I gave up sleeping in the open until a few days ago. Now if mom comes into the room I am in while I sleep..I hurry under the bed. Makes mom feel really REALLY badly, but I also know she had to do it. I just can't help being fearful that it will happen again. And soon, it will be time for me to have something done about my allergies. Sigh. A girl can't win. Not me and not her.
BUT, before that happens, I still wake her with kisses and that's how we go to sleepies.
♥
35 comments:
Yay, that you send your mama off to sleep and wake her with kisses. You are such a darlin', Admiral. We continue purraying for you, sweetie......we love you bunches.
Oh Admiral, I understand that hiding under the bed business! I do the same thing now since mom had to give me those eye drops! I finally got in her lap last night. That's the first time I've done so in three or four days!
Purrs,
Panda
(at Clarissa's house)
Yep, you are still just a wee but PTU shy, but I know you trust you Mom...cause she loves you soooooooooooooooo much!
Oh sweetie - I'm sure your mama feels terrible about having to do it too. Have your mom talk to the vet and see if dat liquid thyroid medication dat goes in the ear would work for your condition. Our Misty was on throid meds for bout 3 years. She hated it just like you do. The vet gave the peeps some kind of liquid stuff dat they put a drop on their finger (while wearing rubber gloves so they not get any of the medication themselves) and dat was rubbed just inside the ear. Misty never minded it at all and it only took a minute to give it to her. She always gots love and skritches before and after, but she would have been fine without the exta attention. There is no pain and nothing forced. It's awful when we has to get medication or be scooped up and carted to the vet. Not fun at all, it isn't even fun for the oomans. HUGS sweetie, for you and for mama too.
we knows that efen though the moms do efurryfing they can to help us they feel really bad about the unpleasant stuff. but that's another reason we knows they love us.
Annie understands, Admiral. She hides out in the basement when the mom is home. She's shut up down there today, in fact, to see if she'll eat any food at all.
The mom understands how YOUR mom feels, though!
******
Carole: How long has she been on thyroid medication?
I'm having a "radical" thought today. Wondering if Annie currently is *too low* (T4) for HER system. Our lab range is 11 to 46 and on the current meds, Annie is mid to high 20s range. When she was diagnosed (via blood work only, asymptomatic, her T4 was 64. High, but not off-the-charts.
Because I have seen such a decline in Annie since she started on meds back in Sep 09, I'm wondering if her system needs to run at a higher T4--either high normal or SLIGHTLY elevated. And I'm seriously considering taking Annie OFF the meds for 2 or 3 weeks or so, short-term because I know hyper-t can't be left untreated), but just to see if it makes any difference in how she is.
It's an off-chance, maybe a wild thought...That either the methimazole itself is causing the other health-related issues (maybe just depressing her immune system?) or is exacerbating the problems.
oh, dear admiral--we are glad you are feelin' more better!! you are right, our moms an' dads love us soooooo much that they can be strong enuf to help us even when it's not fun for them OR us. you are such a good kitty to furgiff her an' still giff her kisses--although it nefur hurts to remind them how offended you are with a little pout an' sulk;-)
We know giving this treatment to you makes you upset but your mom is only trying to help you feel better. She loves you Admiral.
Admiral, we are glad you are feeling better. And we think that you will soon stop running from Mom when you think she is going to take you again. At least you are feeling a little better by now. Still have our paws crossed for you. Lots of purrs coming your way too.
Miss Admiral, let's not tell your Mom about our little love nest under the bed...after all, what happens with a Vegas Cat stays with the Vegas Cat, right?
oops! That was me, Rupert. A tad excited...
What a lovely tortoise you are, I do hope your feeling better soon.
Thank you for stopping by my blog, and thank you for sharing.
Poor Admiral and Admiral Mom. While TK is on his diet, he goes to the vets every 2 weeks to get his venous blood sugar tested. At first he would hide, but now he is better about it.
We sure hope you get over your ascairts real soon sweet girl.
First of all Admiral, that photo of you makes our mommy want to hug you and give you a smooch on your prety face! We are glad you are feeling better and we know it'll take awhile for you to be able to sit there when your mom comes into the room without remembering having to go to the vet. Us kitties don't forget those kind of things very easily. We're sending you purrs and hugs to your mom too!
Miss Admiral, I don't blame you one bit. I know my mom's walk when she's going to try to grab me and shove me in the PTU or force medicines in my mouth, so I BOLT! I still love on her when she's laying down and sometimes when she's sitting, but when she's on her feet, I flee.
Your friend, Fuzzy
Kisses go a long way to helping Moms feel better.
The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie
Star gives Admiral kitty kisses, "My sweet, if you need me I will hold your paw at the vet's office. Don't worry precious, everything will be fine. ::purrs & grooming:: "
Mommy loves you so much Admiral and that is why she scoops you up and takes you to see the dreaded VET. Thank you for being nice to mommy.
Your Mom loves you and wants you to stay healthy and with her. She's not ready for you to go OTRB and won't be for a lot of years. Now that I'm your furrend, I'll try to protect you.
Ms. Admiral
My Sistah
My Furriend
I'm sorry you had to go thru all that and now are askerrdy sometimes when she comes to see you. The humans are soo very sensative and it makes their hearts so heavy with worry and then with sad when we act this way. They can't know how we truly feels all the time so you giving morning kisses I'm sure goes a loooong way to healing that relationship.
xoxo
Ms. Stella O'Houligan
Sweet Admiral, I can only imagine how you must feel. Mom got leaky eyes reading this. It's so sweet of you kissing Mommy before getting up and before sleep. My Mom wishes I would, but I've not known her but 3 yrs. and I guess I'm afraid she won't like it. It's understandable that you fear the v-e-t as I do too.Always remember Mom loves you and wants the best for you.
Mom got tickled at what OK cats/Fuzzy said.
Much love from me and Mom
You do look a bit surly in your photo. Or perhaps you were being wary of who was taking the picture? Is this going to be another scoop an' go?
I think you and Annie of "Fuzzy Tales" have a lot in common. You've both been to the vet a lot lately, and you're both feeling this post-traumatic stress.
Hopefully, time will heal that psychological wound, as well.
Wishing you love and peace!
Aw Sweetie!! We know your Mom must feel bad, but you still give her kisses so that makes it OK :) That is a stunning picture of you as well :o
The comfort levels will return again. We purr for it to happen soon :)
Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie
OH Miss Admiral
Your Mom loves you so much and she is only doing these things to make you feel better. But it's hard I know -- here's hoping that you don't have to go to the Vet anytime soon and that you'll recover from your PSTD!
purrin
xoxoxo
Poor Admiral! Yes your Mommy only did all of those things because she loves you so much and she didn't want to lose you.
It would break her heart if you weren't here. I love how you give your Mommy kisses every morning and every night...you and your Mommy are soooo special! ((((hugs))))
If Au doesn't pick up in the next day or so we may have to do that too....
We had a similar thing with Inigo, he became so mistrustful because he thought we were going to cart him off to the vet... please my dear, you be well. You're so special to us all.
Oh Admiral, we know your mom probably feels really bad having to take you to the v-e-t all the time. She only wants what's best for you!!
You're looking very pretty today!!
Yes please Admiral we'd like to know what meds you had. Au may not be able to take them because of his liver, but we can ask the vet!
I am sure your mom feels bad having to do this to you. It must break her heart to see you campering into hiding on her approach. Glad to hear that you are feeling better though.
Thankyou for coming by when I was sick and leaving good thoughts.
Let's make a pact to get better together, OK?
Hey! I have run away from the Human like EVERY DAY since I came here seven years ago. I dart away just on the general principle of the thing. It's good for them! It makes them appreciate the times when we DO allow ourselves to be petted and bushed and ::shudder:: cuddled. Tonight, for example, I allowed her to pick me up (sorry Scouty if you should ever read this) and put me on her lap for like, five whole minutes while she brushed and petted me. That was HUGE for her! I almost never allow that, or at least not for more than a minute at a time. What was I thinking, Admiral??
So, yeah, run whenever you want. The Human will get used to it, MOL!
And what's this waffling on the Valentine thing?
I don't blame you for being a little nervous after your ordeal, Admiral! I think it takes longer to get over the vet trauma sometimes than it does to get over the physical illness.
Oh Admiral, that bitter stuff must taste like evil for your mouth. But you are good girl to know it's necessary and you mom feels bad about it. Don't feel too guilty...she understands. You are so sweet to give your mom kisses. It makes her very very happy.
Oh, poor Admiral! When our baby Finn was a sickling, and Mom had to give him all sorts of medications, he did sort of the same thing. He always seemed to know when it was time to take that medicine. Finn and the gang send their purrs!
Post a Comment