Saturday, January 15, 2011

Slumberous Saturday



Kitties, in all of my, ahem, well..sorta twelve years (don't read that Rupert, Star, Spitty, Sam) I have never deigned to go under the covers. No way and definitely no how! Mom was hunting for me to brush me after I ate and couldn't find me. As she was getting ready for the day, dressing, and so on (why not grow fur, mom?) she heard me snore. She kept looking and finally her ears told her the bed was the source of the snores. She reached out and touched a lump..voila!

31 comments:

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

That's one of Andy's fav places, gorgeous Admiral.

Stay warm and sweet dreams.

Seeking Serenity said...

mommy makes a tent for me every day with the pillows so I can sleep under there like that!
(says Myst)

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am just so happy you are feeling better! Happy snuggles!

Angel Simba said...

Oh, Admiral: you SNORE? That looks cozy. I sometimes go under the covers at night just for a little while, but then I come back out.

I LOVE the word Slumberous!

Beth said...

I am so glad you are feeling better Admiral. What a good place to snooze, under the covers.

Sherry said...

:) Love how you keep mom guessing Admiral!

Kat's Kats said...

Mister Kitten says, "What? Ummm, no Star, Admiral didn't post anything today! Go back to waiting for your doppelganger!!"

Luscious Lucy said...

AH HA! I knew I'd rub off on you eventually! I told you how good and warm that place is, didn't I, and now you tried it! H-E-A-V-E-N! Mom has to brush off my leftover hairs, but what the heck, right? I just give her my extra sweet i-love-you look and she doesn't mind at all. But snoring? Sam does that. Do you think I'd tell if it was me?
Nose kisses and head bonks to you, Admiral!

Marg said...

Admiral that is a great place not only to hide but to have a nice private snooze and it is warm too. So good choice. Glad you finally found that place under the covers. Have a great day.

j said...

Deigned! What a great word to describe our felion friends.

JennyD said...

So Lucy & Sam beat me to it. I swear, you can't keep good cats down. I'll probably be sorry I taught them to type (just kidding).
Admiral, sweet ball of fluff, I know you are "feelin' the love" under those covers. It's almost as good as a sun puddle! And just wait till you try the spoon-with-mom trick under there. Whew, too good to be true :D
XOXOXO

meowmeowmans said...

Underneath the covers is a great place for staying warm and hiding out, Admiral. :) Our sweet angel kitty, Graphite, LOVED to curl up under the covers, and Moosey has recently decided he likes to go there, too. :)

Happy weekend to you and mommy!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Guess there's a first time for everything ... well, at least for some things.

Stacy Hurt said...

Oh Lovely Admiral; you are just like that cat-in-the-other-room Miss Jenga. SHE digs the bed apart to get under the covers & likes it best when That Woman leaves the electric blankie on. That Woman says she can only find her by hearing the loooooouuudd purring coming from the bed somewhere. Glad you are doing better each day!

xoxo
Ms. Stella O'Houligan

Mariodacat said...

he he- I don't much like being under covers either, but dat's where my peeps found me this morning too. You do look comfy.

Tamago said...

I read your updates in recent posts, and I am so glad you are doing better. I hope you keep eating and drinking, and really enjoy yourself.
My kids usually do not go under a cover either. Were you hiding or were you too cold? Maybe you wanted to trick your mom :-)
Hope you and your mom are having a wonderful weekend!

OKcats said...

Miss Admiral, you are silly! I like to dig at the covers and make my mom lift them up so I can walk under them, but then I walk back out. Zak (now at the Bridge) used to sleep under the covers, but only if my mom would make him a little tent area with her legs.

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

I love snuggling under the covers and I'm not even a kittty. I can see you were so comfy.

Mr Puddy said...

MOL..I just wonder did you do " Drip Drip Drip " as well : )
I think today you feel Really Well !

( Whisper ) About Lucy, please...don't let my family know ! they are worst, If they know this, they is going to tease me whole day whole night + tell all cats on my street ( My dad said he can speak Cat Lang. ) and one more thing... when it come to this topic, I just don't know what to do. Even talking about this. My face turns more Black !.. I'm shy !!!!
I wait for Sylvester from Katnip Lounge give me some lessons cause he is an expert !

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Good napping spot Miss ADmiral.
I think you found a great new hiding place.

purrin
xoxoxo
♥♥♥

Luscious Lucy said...

(Admiral, you have really started something. I fainted! And then...and then...and THEN, I SWOONED! OhMyCod whatssamgonnasay...shhhh, keep it under your hat)

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Yes, one would think with all your floof, that unlike the short and naked cats of Curlz and Swirlz, that you would never get UNDER the covers...maybe you just wanted some privacy?

Katnip Lounge said...

Thanks for not telling that I was under there with you...

XX Rupert

The Island Cats said...

Hey, Admiral! Are you really in there??

Admiral Hestorb said...

Rupert and I were tête-à-tête.

BeadedTail said...

It's warm and cozy under the covers but we don't have anyone to tete-a-tete with under them. :(

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

omg soooooo cute

GreatGranny said...

Admiral, under the covers is the very best place to be for a snooze and warmth.
Kassey

GreatGranny said...

Hey, Admiral, tell your Mommy that My Mom got me some Party Mix' and I love it. Thanks for telling us about it.
Kassey

Karen Jo said...

I am glad that you gained some weight back. Keep it up! I never get under the covers, but you look very comfy there. I bet it's really warm, too. Happy napping.

Herman

Lady Penelope said...

awww....I bet you were really comfy in there, Admiral, I like to snuggle under the covers, but my Bess ( um...I know she's a dog...but she is sweet!!) always takes up all the space...so I have jiggle about 'til she moves over!! sigh!!
{{hugs}} Pen 'n' Bess.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...