My human mom was extremely worried about me as it seemed that I not only had hyperthyroidism to keep myself medicated for but we thought I may have also developed kidney disease. No sweet Admiral such as I deserves a double whammy like that, and it would be sure to take me away.
Mom took me to the Vet today and the Vet even said, after mom told him about me almost lying n the water bowl most of the day and night, that "we might have to brace for kidney disease". However, both blood tests (thyroid and kidneys) came back perfect. Turns out I am in desperate discomfort with deep skin allergies and wheezing.. and my skin is deep pink to red I am so inflamed. I was given an allergy shot and so far, I haven't lifted a foot to scratch anything whereas before, I couldn't quit scratching. And, I didn't punish mom for making me go. I laid in the hallway waving my tail when I got out of the hated carrier, and then, after a reasonable drink, I got into her bed.
My mom asked the doctor what on earth could make me lay almost IN the water and cry so much? Was I in pain? The doctor said that he thought that I have been in such misery and didn't know how to sooth my skin so I sought water to sooth my skin. We will all of us see as mom will be watching me like a hawk.
One thing though..I haven't cried out since I have been home and I am asleep in my basket as she types for me. ( I prepared the blog for her...she is just being the typist). I do believe I feel a LOT better!
Ahoy! And, btw, poor mom can finally rest easier. She has practically had me dead and buried. I could have told her (if she had asked me) that I would be OK.
7 comments:
This post makes me very happy!!!!
Hugs to you and mom.
Beth
Your human is much better at reading the written language known as Paw Print. Hunter is quite annoyed with me that he has to keep dictating his stories. :)
Well, I'm glad you decided this Vet trip shouldn't count against Mom. See, told ya the Vet is here to help you. :) Well, mi Lady ... I'm off to bed. I hope you have a Purrrr fect night!
Ugh, sounds very uncomfortable.
This was a good news that you don't have kidney
and thyroid was cleared...Your Mum's have had a lots of worried about you these days...
I felt relive for you Mum and you.
HAVE A GOOD REST BOTH OF YOU!
xoxoxo
Nobody should mistake you delicate appearance for a lack of toughness Admiral. Weigh anchor! Flank speed! Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!
A salute from Boston.
oh you poor baby!
how uncomfortable to have hot red skin :(
I am glad your kidneys are ok...
I sure hope you get back to your old perky self soon..
((hug))
So glad it wasn't more serious & that you are feeling better!
Post a Comment