How intriguing! I was told by my professional computer programmer son that Blog Spot has some on-going issues with malware. Yesterday when I went to "sign in" and then to "Dashboard"..there was a url that said "Rambling Blog from the Bearded One". I thought that is was different...meaning that Blogspot arranged to visit the next blog function differently and so stupidly, I clicked on it. I saw a picture of a really ugly man with an unkempt beard..some nonsense was on the so-called blog but this only lasted like..two seconds worth of viewing because my McAfee immediately activated..gave a quick notice that it caught and destroyed a trojan horse. I backed out of here and went to McAfee and indeed it had gotten it and removed it.
Just when you think you won't do something dumb like that, you do. I did, anyway. I'll speak for myself. So, beware. Your second page of your blog may be rearranged and that should be your clue!!! Good thing I had a strong defense. It's gone and that's what counts.
The Admiral begs to say that she slept with me two nights in a row and last night, she didn't..the little stinker! Her favorite son of mine will be here this weekend. She'll get lots of attention. (that is why he is a favorite).
7 comments:
Good Morning Admiral,
Thank heaven your mom's antivirus caught the trojan before it could do any damage. Is anything safe?
I hope you and mom have a good day.
Hugs,
Beth
Mom, When I was a cat, I had McAfee security suite three times and was a beta dork in building Windows Live One Care. I fired them both because they did not do as promised and were a pain in the litter box. Since then I have Microsoft Security Essentials or something like that, and it works great. Gotta run, Mother and my three sisters are in the front yard and it is a beautiful Sunday morning. Must round out the visit before they depart. Pouring a splash of brandy in my coffee so that I will have no tears. As ever be well
Post Script: The brandy did not work and I cried as the car pulled away.
I have always found Mcafee to work well. I had Norton for a year once. It was too much of a pain.
P of Beantown. (I hate that nickname.)
Norton IS a pain..I thought I would never say that but their customer care is a farce. They sure know how to take your money though.
I don't care for Beantown either. Let's revolt!!!
Thank you for the clarification. Enjoy your dinner out and as ever be well
UGH! I NEVER hit next blog anymore, did once and did not like what I saw!
Post a Comment